djsckizo
Re: Jamroom-like Module for Music Artists to make profiles and music uploads
  • 2004/8/6 18:23

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/9 8

More ideas

Based on something Mentin said in a pm message, it would be good to be able to stop hotlinking, but by group. Like, Group "Artists" would not be able to hotlink, but Group "Premium Artists" would be able to.

Also, bandwith monitor and throttling. Being able to limit the amount of hotlinking bandwith allowed...limiting it to say, 100 megs of hotlink bandwith a month, a week, a day? ...something like that.

STATS! I just thought of this. Letting a user have a stats page that only they could view. This stats page would show the number of downloads, streams, and page views.

Also, it would be good to have the admin section define the file types. MP3 files seem to be the standard for music now, but Ogg Vorbis is smaller and just as good. Others might want to use quicktime files as well. I don't know if this is a viable option or not though, but it's a thought.

I think I might try to write up a huge proposal this weekend for this project. With this type of module, we could definetly get a larger crowd into the XOOPS arena. I'm so giddy over this thing...I'm like a little school girl or something.

djsckizo
  • 2004/8/6 18:26

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/9 8

Quote:

m0nty wrote:
i just spoke to my partner and we got a budget of $100US max at mo, so some donation for development can be arranged :)

this is what we been lookin for for a long while, as i'm sure djsckizo has been too.. seeing as we're in a similar business.. lol

I used to run a XOOPS based site for local artists that was basically just an online newspaper for them. I always wanted to be able to give them something like this, but could never find anything to use. Now that I'm actually thinking of relaunching it, it would be great to have this to go along with it.

donation stuff...i always do all of my stuff alone, but let me know what you need and me and Capital One will try to help out as well.

metin
  • 2004/8/6 19:21

• metin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/21

good ideas.

i will make a list of needed functions this weekend and will post it here !

I want to start the site end of this year.

Is it possible to start then with this module or should i look for an alternative at first ?

Catzwolf
  • 2004/8/6 20:34

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

@Monty:

If you are still for a developer for this module I would be more than interested in doing this! This was something I think that XOOPS users could really use

ATB

Catz

m0nty
  • 2004/8/6 20:48

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

@Catz:

if you're interested in developing and producing a module like this then by all means :) i'd be more than happy for you to do it, i know you're competent enough to with all the great modules you've released and helped develop so far :)

so what we actually need to get this project off the ground?

Catzwolf
  • 2004/8/6 21:02

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Quote:

m0nty wrote:
@Catz:

if you're interested in developing and producing a module like this then by all means :) i'd be more than happy for you to do it, i know you're competent enough to with all the great modules you've released and helped develop so far :)

so what we actually need to get this project off the ground?

You tell me exactly what you want and I will do it for you

lavaburst
  • 2004/8/6 21:23

• lavaburst

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/13

I believe planning is 90% and implementation is 10% ... so we just need some details to really have something to program.

We need the input from the people running the musician sites. There is alot so far in this thread :)

Im ready to go on this project, let me know what I can do.

Making the jukebox play the mp3 from local server or remote URL is possible. It will stream either way with flash.

All features and requirements need to made into a document. that document needs to be frozen. then development can begin. After its at 1.0 any new features can be added to make it rock.

This will be fun to work on.

Cheers,

_Dan

m0nty
  • 2004/8/6 21:41

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

hmmm ok.. lets see..

group based artist profile page, allow only certain groups to create. also author of each profile be allowed to edit their own and update as and when.

searchable via the search function and the usual blocks (latest profiles, top rated etc)

this could get complex in the way i'm thinking so i'll try and keep it as explainable as possible..

main index page:

search function (alphabetical & numerical search) like in the myreviews mod)

then a list of profiles recently added below (similar to how wfdownloads displays latest)

the list i dunno.. but should contain artist name, a brief description and a thumbnail (created from the artists main submitted photo)

Artist Profile Page:

usual profile fields:

Name:
Venues/Residencies:
Discography:
Likes/Dislikes:
Bio: (so that they can enter a full biography of themselves)
personal photo:

home page:
booking info:

maybe better if could create and name fields via admin etc.
-------------------------------------------------
next section..

up coming events diary

basically this is where the artist can actually tell people where he/she is going to be on certain dates

-------------------------------------------------
extras:

submitting of audio files, so users can either stream and listen or just download to listen.. (selectable between stream or download or both in admin in case users have low bandwidth sites)

an image to go with the audio file.

a blog page for them so they can just write blogs and notes etc..

was thinkin too if possible to utilise the blocks, so basically, the groups that have permission to create profiles will be able to see a control panel type block where they can individually change settings.. ie a bit like on IPB where u can just change profile info, or another menu item there just to change the extra info, or submit photo.. etc.. basically so they don't have 1 long submit page.. it should be possible to just change each part individually

at the mo i can't think of much else or put into words what i'm thinking of.. lol but will keep thinking.. i'm sure others will have suggestions..

also it would be great to have code seperate templates, so template files for all sections would be better and allow full customization.

admin should be able to control all features and limitations etc.. ie file size, image size etc.. upload quota for audio files, so each only has a set amt of disk space.

is this enuff for now?

Catzwolf
  • 2004/8/6 21:52

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Quote:

m0nty wrote:
hmmm ok.. lets see..

is this enuff for now?

Sure is, if you don't mind I will ask Scott (Liquid) if I can use their resources and website to do this.

If anyone would like to get involved in coding, documents etc then please contact me via PM.

ATB

Catz

m0nty
  • 2004/8/6 22:00

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

yeah that would be fine asking scott no problem there :)

i'd like to help out on the coding, but unfortunately i don't know enuff about it, and at the moment i haven't the time to actually learn fully, much that i'd like to learn.

but anything else i can help with i'd be more than willing to lend a hand.

something that may appeal to what i was thinking, but better.. lol

http://www.harderfaster.net/?§ion=djs&action=showdj&djid=4661136

Login

Who's Online

171 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 171

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits