davidl2
Re: Module Repository - When is it going to open???
  • 2007/9/13 4:18

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

I really find that last post both extremely funny, and extremely offensive.

And I don't think I'll bother to give it a fully reply.

tom
  • 2007/9/13 7:45

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

Well David is always looking for help, but when people leave the project because of a few prats that leaves him to do things alone, if the community and leadership would stop scaring good people away, these things would get done quicker, wouldn't they.....

Quote:
Some people would like to work on their own sites of which they have full control instead of on the xoops.org

Ha Ha, that's rich coming from you, your the one that wants full control, your the one that's wants the final decision on everything, your the one that treats others like crap and doesn't even communicate with them, your the coward hides behind others. (As the community knows this is all factual and therefore I cannot be banned for such)

Request to council for banning, I found his statement unjust, and rather rude, I've seen the work that David has put into this project, and DJ was purely trying to incite anger and rage, because he doesn't have full control over the addons site.
Kind Regards.
Tom

http://bassmanthemes.com
http://www.xoopslance.com

debianus
  • 2007/9/13 8:08

• debianus

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/12/17

Module Dev Team is out of xoops.org and it is a Community Team here; it was not allowed that Team worked here (as akitson said).

Since June a very a valuable group of xooppers had been working about module dev and module repository.
Never was said: equipment of the Community, has been decided that the Council will manage all the relative one to the project and that everything will be here.
However, now, after the work is done:

phppp wrote:
Quote:
Some people would like to work on their own sites of which they have full control instead of on the xoops.org If you have interest to help the Project, either on a specific area, or to improve the management, please contact the Project Council at xoops-council@googlegroups.com or contact me at phppp@users.sourceforge.net

But, why Module Dev Team is not in xoops.org

Quote:
a request to be allocated a private discussion forum at xoops.org has been denied. This forum is to be used as a team thinking room to thrash out things before seeking public feedback. It will of course mean that such discussions become a matter of record accessible to XOOPS Council. The team has commenced this discussions using email.

If the Council want to assume all the jobs, tell us it clearly; is is not acceptable that when other people is doing the job and it was not allowed to do here, now they in addition are accused.

It is not the first time that this happen. The Comms Team worked too but now...The Doc Team started the jobs (in xoopswiki and xoopsinfo) but now the Council want take the control about documentation; results, no docs.

But the worse thing of everything is than valuable people finish tired which their work is not taken advantage of or are obstructed and they leave xoops. (the last Madfish).

tom
  • 2007/9/13 8:24

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

Quote:
It is not the first time that this happen. The Comms Team worked too but now...The Doc Team started the jobs (in xoopswiki and xoopsinfo) but now the Council want take the control about documentation; results, no docs.

Very true, we had results, we had docs ready for publication, and all in under a few weeks. It's now been months now and I've not seen much from this official docs team.

Quote:
But the worse thing of everything is than valuable people finish tired which their work is not taken advantage of or are obstructed and they leave xoops. (the last Madfish).

Too many good people are lost now, and all because of the ignorance of one or two people, I won't bother asking DJ any questions as he won't answer and still owes me that apology for treating me like crap, ohh well.

Any way debianus, how are you, we haven't spoken in a while, I trust all is good in your life.

Take care.
Kind Regards.
Tom

http://bassmanthemes.com
http://www.xoopslance.com

davidl2
  • 2007/9/13 8:45

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

Although Giba, and other Community Document contributors have done some great work on XOOPSWiki.org

Kainaij
  • 2007/9/13 12:25

• Kainaij

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/5

Quote:

There is a scene in the film The American President when an advisor played by Michael J. Fox tells the president, played by Michael Douglas, that the people want leadership! In the absence of genuine leadership, they'll listen to anyone who steps up to the microphone. They're so thirsty for it they'll crawl through the desert to a mirage and when they discover there is no water, they will drink the sand.

As often happens in the world of criminal law, fear rules the politicians and other so called "leaders." Those that are supposed to govern fear the loss of their jobs. Hence, they pander to the fears of the public. They do easy things that have little positive effect but seem hardlined,rather than do and say things that can really makelife better.

The news story above is a perfect example of how people in power treat the rest of us like mushrooms. They don't tell us the truth. They keep us in the dark, and they throw manure on us.

Full Text Here

Why is there no reply to this issue. Publically may I add? We all want a better Xoops. I posted in this thread almost 3 years ago regarding an improvement to the current module setup. This thread, nay this project was a start in the right direction. So what if the repository goes off site. Anything at this very moment is better that what we currently have and at this moment we have nothing. Whoever is up there you are losing out on some great assets in your workforce by ignoring and alienating them and their work.

This sand is starting to taste pretty good.
Current Projects:
http://kainaistudies.com
http://mikaisto.com

davidl2
  • 2007/9/13 12:30

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

Well, I'm sure you can tell that I was not very happy, at the start of this thread.

However, one thing that has at least improved my spirits, is a number of people have come forward now to offer their support in maintaining a community Addons site.

I'm very overwhelmed indeed with the response!

So - regardless of if DJ has back-tracked on XOOPSAddons's status, and regardless of anything else, we have decided that are going to continue with the Addons site we have been working on for many months.

A slight change of plans or two will be made, but - realistically - I think we may even see a finished site soon...

For announcements, please see the XOOPSAddons forum. Unfortunately there is rather too much noise around here to post updates.

(Oh, and if anyone else is interested in adding their support - I look forward to hearing from you by PM at XOOPSInfo )

underdog
  • 2007/9/13 17:27

• underdog

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/6/21

Quote:

davidl2 wrote:
So - regardless of if DJ has back-tracked on XOOPSAddons's status, and regardless of anything else, we have decided that are going to continue with the Addons site we have been working on for many months.

Excellent work! Keep it up and I'm confident more ppl will be helping out at XOOPSAddons to improve the XOOPS Project!

BlueStocking

Underdog,

XOOPSaddons is a read only forum on Xoopsinfo.com and I have found a good part of the read only forum isn't available to the public either.

For Example, I was reading an exchange between Madfish and Davidl2 when they took the conversation private and removed the thread from view.

I like Madfish and in the past have supported his position, now I wonder why HE would support, if he does closed to the public threads and behind closed doors negotiation on XI.

I'm inclined to think XI doesn't have a clue as to how badly this reflects on xoops.org IF they were to eventually become an official part of the main site.

Lack of transparently and very bad communication is what most of this is all about.

When XI does its work in the open and encourages independent participation then maybe XI could be a role model as to how it should work. As it is, the model is the same only the names and site locations (are apt to) change.

It's business as usual.

Nobody knows who is doing what constructive ... or where!

The exception for me is Giba, I know what he is doing everywhere all the time. He sees to it!!!

Good work Giba, Thanks
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

vaughan
  • 2007/9/13 23:11

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

you're inclined to think? but don't think too much because you arrive at wrong conclusions

XOOPSaddons is the addons module repository, it's work forums are based on XI. public read yes, join the team and you can post.. it simply stops all the noise and people butting in every 2 minutes. private forums? lmao this very xoops.org site has private forums.

every team has a private forum.. or did you not know that?

when the addons site is open, there will be public open forums for modules etc that are hosted on addons, where support for each module can be given better than comment system etc.. there's a lot you missed because you aren't in the teams over there..

and having private forums that are used just for team chatter or what have you, is not going against open source.. that's an old argument, drop it.

the council has a private forum too, go ask them to open that forum..

core devs have private discussions, go ask them to open all their private discussions up.. i think you'll find if they were forced to do that then people would find other alternatives of discussing privately

and we have lots of communication on XI, you just don't hear it because you don't want to hear it.

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits