timgno
Re: Five Star Rating System
  • 2012/4/29 8:02

• timgno

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/6/21

I think this is more feasible solution, simple and constructible with class XoopsFormSelect

deka87
  • 2012/4/29 8:46

• deka87

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/10/5

Actually we already have a rating system. In xoops Russia we have a nice rating module that has both stars and thumbs up/thumbs down rating systems (see ex. here (for stars) and here (for thumbs)). All the rating data can be stored either in a rating module sql or in your module sql if you create a simple plugin (we have some available for news, lexikon etc.).
Mind anchors

easyb9
  • 2012/4/29 8:47

• easyb9

• Just popping in

• Since: 2011/8/10

I think this is more feasible solutionsimple and constructible with class XoopsFormSelect

Any tutorial how to implement this for articles?

timgno
  • 2012/4/29 10:41

• timgno

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/6/21

Quote:
easyb9 wrote: Any tutorial how to implement this for articles?

Before a creation of tutorials for xoops, we need to decide whether to build a php code that does this work or a smarty plugin type:

smarty_compiler_xoRating($argStr, &$compiler) {

// code here
}

or

smarty_function_rating($params, &$smarty) {

// code here
}

be invoked directly on template modules to this way:

<{$xoRating}>

or

<{$rating mid="$idtype="display|action" options="left|right|star.gif"}>

angelomorto

Quote:

deka87 wrote:
Actually we already have a rating system. In xoops Russia we have a nice rating module that has both stars and thumbs up/thumbs down rating systems (see ex. here (for stars) and here (for thumbs)). All the rating data can be stored either in a rating module sql or in your module sql if you create a simple plugin (we have some available for news, lexikon etc.).

Hi deka87,
where can I find the module with this system voting ( http://www.urbanenglish.org/modules/chat/ ) ?????

deka87
  • 2012/5/1 9:01

• deka87

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/10/5

angelomorto, do you need a rating module or a chat module your link points to? the rating module has not been released publicly yet, the chat module is available athttp://xoops.ws/modules/news/article.php?storyid=36.
Mind anchors

angelomorto

Quote:

deka87 wrote:
angelomorto, do you need a rating module or a chat module your link points to? the rating module has not been released publicly yet, the chat module is available athttp://xoops.ws/modules/news/article.php?storyid=36.

I need the rating module!!!
I had started to change the module Smartsection, but the rating still don't work!!!

example
Resized Image

(Smartsection edited)

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits