Mamba
New Features in XOOPS 2.6.0 (XoopsFormTabTray)
  • 2012/12/14 21:32

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

We are starting a new series of articles about new features in XOOPS 2.6.0, in order to make it easier for you to see the current progress.

Please read the article about XoopsFormTabTray and provide feedback.

Resized Image

As always, we're looking for developers and designers who would like to contribute to XOOPS 2.6.0, which will be our best version of XOOPS ever!
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

timgno
Re: New Features in XOOPS 2.6.0 (XoopsFormTabTray)
  • 2012/12/15 19:24

• timgno

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/6/21

I translated the news on my site, and post here some obvious bugs that I think will be removed soon:

Frontend:
Quote:

Fatal error: Class 'Xoops_Cache' not found in C:\wamp\www\xoops-2.6.0\htdocs\modules\codex\cache.php on line 32

Fatal error: Class 'Xoops_Utils' not found in C:\wamp\www\xoops-2.6.0\htdocs\modules\codex\form-tab.php on line 166

Fatal error: Class 'Xoops_Utils' not found in C:\wamp\www\xoops-2.6.0\htdocs\modules\codex\form.php on line 142

Fatal error: Class 'Xoops_Utils' not found in C:\wamp\www\xoops-2.6.0\htdocs\modules\codex\pdf.php on line 43

Fatal error: Class 'Xoops_Utils' not found in C:\wamp\www\xoops-2.6.0\htdocs\modules\codex\qrcode.php on line 29

Admin:
Quote:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method XoopsLoad::loadFile() in C:\wamp\www\xoops-2.6.0\htdocs\modules\publisher\xoops_version.php on line 25

Other works well

timgno
  • 2012/12/15 19:29

• timgno

• Module Developer

Others by debug:

Quote:

Notice: Use of undefined constant _AM_SYSTEM_BANS - assumed '_AM_SYSTEM_BANS' in file /modules/system/admin/banners/xoops_version.php line 25
Notice: Use of undefined constant _AM_SYSTEM_BANS_DESC - assumed '_AM_SYSTEM_BANS_DESC' in file /modules/system/admin/banners/xoops_version.php line 27
Notice: Use of undefined constant _AM_SYSTEM_PLUGINS - assumed '_AM_SYSTEM_PLUGINS' in file /modules/system/admin/plugins/xoops_version.php line 24
Notice: Use of undefined constant _AM_SYSTEM_PLUGINS_DESC - assumed '_AM_SYSTEM_PLUGINS_DESC' in file /modules/system/admin/plugins/xoops_version.php line 26
Notice: Use of undefined constant _AM_SYSTEM_SMLS - assumed '_AM_SYSTEM_SMLS' in file /modules/system/admin/smilies/xoops_version.php line 25
Notice: Use of undefined constant _AM_SYSTEM_SMLS_DESC - assumed '_AM_SYSTEM_SMLS_DESC' in file /modules/system/admin/smilies/xoops_version.php line 27
Notice: Use of undefined constant _AM_SYSTEM_RANK - assumed '_AM_SYSTEM_RANK' in file /modules/system/admin/userrank/xoops_version.php line 24
Notice: Use of undefined constant _AM_SYSTEM_RANK_DESC - assumed '_AM_SYSTEM_RANK_DESC' in file /modules/system/admin/userrank/xoops_version.php line 26
Notice: Use of undefined constant _AM_SYSTEM_BANS - assumed '_AM_SYSTEM_BANS' in file /modules/system/admin/banners/xoops_version.php line 25
Notice: Use of undefined constant _AM_SYSTEM_BANS_DESC - assumed '_AM_SYSTEM_BANS_DESC' in file /modules/system/admin/banners/xoops_version.php line 27
Notice: Use of undefined constant _AM_SYSTEM_PLUGINS - assumed '_AM_SYSTEM_PLUGINS' in file /modules/system/admin/plugins/xoops_version.php line 24
Notice: Use of undefined constant _AM_SYSTEM_PLUGINS_DESC - assumed '_AM_SYSTEM_PLUGINS_DESC' in file /modules/system/admin/plugins/xoops_version.php line 26
Notice: Use of undefined constant _AM_SYSTEM_SMLS - assumed '_AM_SYSTEM_SMLS' in file /modules/system/admin/smilies/xoops_version.php line 25
Notice: Use of undefined constant _AM_SYSTEM_SMLS_DESC - assumed '_AM_SYSTEM_SMLS_DESC' in file /modules/system/admin/smilies/xoops_version.php line 27
Notice: Use of undefined constant _AM_SYSTEM_RANK - assumed '_AM_SYSTEM_RANK' in file /modules/system/admin/userrank/xoops_version.php line 24
Notice: Use of undefined constant _AM_SYSTEM_RANK_DESC - assumed '_AM_SYSTEM_RANK_DESC' in file /modules/system/admin/userrank/xoops_version.php line 26

trabis
  • 2012/12/16 0:39

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

Fatal error: Call to undefined method XoopsLoad::loadFile() in C:\wamp\www\xoops-2.6.0\htdocs\modules\publisher\xoops_version.php on line 25

The method is there!!
Please use 2.6.0 version from svn.

Mamba
  • 2012/12/16 1:11

• Mamba

Quote:
Please use 2.6.0 version from svn.

As Trabis said, please always use the latest version from SVN before every testing, as some errors/issues might have been corrected in the meantime.

I'm testing on PHP 5.4.8, and don't have any issues. Please use as minimum PHP 5.3.x

What version of PHP do you use?
Support XOOPS => DONATE

timgno
  • 2012/12/16 18:21

• timgno

• Module Developer

I've 2 versions of php used 5.3.4 and 5.3.13

timgno
  • 2012/12/17 14:24

• timgno

• Module Developer

New installation stopped to page_theme.php

Errors:
Quote:

Notice: Use of undefined constant _MD_AM_GENERAL - assumed '_MD_AM_GENERAL' in C:\wamp\www\xoops-2.6.0\htdocs\install\include\createconfigform.php on line 27

Notice: Use of undefined constant _MD_AM_USERSETTINGS - assumed '_MD_AM_USERSETTINGS' in C:\wamp\www\xoops-2.6.0\htdocs\install\include\createconfigform.php on line 28

Notice: Use of undefined constant _MD_AM_METAFOOTER - assumed '_MD_AM_METAFOOTER' in C:\wamp\www\xoops-2.6.0\htdocs\install\include\createconfigform.php on line 29

Notice: Use of undefined constant _MD_AM_CENSOR - assumed '_MD_AM_CENSOR' in C:\wamp\www\xoops-2.6.0\htdocs\install\include\createconfigform.php on line 30

Notice: Use of undefined constant _MD_AM_SEARCH - assumed '_MD_AM_SEARCH' in C:\wamp\www\xoops-2.6.0\htdocs\install\include\createconfigform.php on line 31

Catchable fatal error: Argument 1 passed to createThemeform() must be an instance of XoopsConfigItem, null given, called in C:\wamp\www\xoops-2.6.0\htdocs\install\page_theme.php on line 62 and defined in C:\wamp\www\xoops-2.6.0\htdocs\install\include\createconfigform.php on line 234

Php used 5.3.13

trabis
  • 2012/12/17 19:11

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

@ timgno

Bad luck! Yesterday we've committed an updated version of system module where the install configs were moved to xoops_version.php but the work was not finished for the install/upgrade! There were some changes committed there by dugris today, you should check it now!

Thank you for reporting :)

irmtfan
  • 2012/12/18 4:23

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

I can see a big issue in 2.6.0 way of development.
In the previous versions we missed even one core content module but Now there is three content modules: page, publisher and news.
It seems to me that everybody commit and add some modules without a general plan or some kind of co-op between core team members.
specifically, adding "news" is completely wrong. it is a very very old module with many hardcodes and patches accumulate thru years.
One can create a clone from the great "publisher" module and name it "news". Just publisher should support porting from all general content modules like news, xnews, smartcontent (already have), ...

Having a simple content module like "page" and an advance one like "publisher" is more than enough for the next version of a CMS that didnt have any in the prev versions.

Now there are more than twenty modules in 2.6.0
Do you really want to support 20 core modules in 2.6.0 final version? IMO core team should keep core modules at the minimum because then core team will be responsible for all bugs/updates/upgrades/patches/security holes.

number of commits are amazing and development of 2.6.0 is going too fast. while moving forward is good IMO we should be aware from where we want to go. eg: The 2.6.0 roadmap talk about only one core content module.

I submit a news about the new features in persian support site.
http://www.xoops.ir/modules/news/article.php?storyid=416
good luck developers. I know you are doing a great job in 2.6.0.

Mamba
  • 2012/12/18 6:06

• Mamba

Quote:
I can see a big issue in 2.6.0 way of development.
In the previous versions we missed even one core content module but Now there is three content modules: page, publisher and news.

You've jumped to conclusions too fast!
But I very much appreciate your feedback and keeping eye on the development, as it helps us to make sure that we don't miss anything.

Quote:
Having a simple content module like "page" and an advance one like "publisher" is more than enough for the next version of a CMS that didnt have any in the prev versions.

There are no decisions right now on "content" modules. Trabis just asked to add more modules from the "Basic Modules Pack" (BMP) to the core, so we can test them and make sure that whatever changes we make to the Core, we can see the impact on the "module conversion" to XOOPS 2.6.0 architecture. Ultimately, we would like to have all modules from the "Basic Module Pack" to run on XOOPS 2.6.0.

So what I am doing right now is to test/modify all the modules from "Basic Module Pack" so we can move all of them to "Final" status on XOOPS 2.5.5.

Once this is done, we'll be copying them to the Trunk on XOOPS 2.6.0 SVN, so the Core Team can test/modify them (or modify the Core as needed) so all the modules run on XOOPS 2.6.0. As we all know, many modules have been developed by different people in different years for different XOOPS versions, using different ways to provide similar functionality. So we need to test many modules to make sure that everything works as it should be and we don't miss anything.

As a result of all the testing we'll have a clearly defined and tested "conversion guidelines" for all XOOPS modules.

As a second stage, I hope, we'll be able to start consolidating some of the modules (like News, Article, Publisher, AMS, etc.), and refactor all modules so they are using "standard plugins" (like rating or search). This will simplify their "maintenance" in the future, and will speed up development of new modules.

While this means a lot of work, it will create a solid foundation for all future modules, and will ensure a clear migration path for the most important existing modules from XOOPS 2.5.5 to XOOPS 2.6.0.

Quote:
Now there are more than twenty modules in 2.6.0
Do you really want to support 20 core modules in 2.6.0 final version?

Some of the modules/extensions is just a functionality extracted from the Core, so it should be still supported by the Core Team.

Ultimately, I believe that XOOPS will need to define the "Basic Module Pack", and support it as a collaboration between the Core Team and the Modules Team. And we'll need more help with it, so anybody who can help us, please join the Core Team or Modules Team.

I hope, this will make more sense now for you.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Login

Who's Online

164 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 164

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits