smackdaddy
How do I change this......
  • 2002/4/29 2:57

• smackdaddy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/3/28

Okay, I did a search and cannot find exactly what I am looking for....

I just installed XOOPS (my 3rd install) and there is something above my news stories on my main page which is bugging me.

There is a "pull-down" menu about the news topics that I would like gone....how do I get rid of this?

To see what I mean, go to: Test Site

Above the "Test of News" article, there is something which remains that should be gone. Already been in news prefs and in blocks to make sure this is not a configuration issue (unless I overlooked something)....and then I went into modules and "updated" the News Module to make sure....

Still no dice....how do I get rid of this "center block"? (and click here for a screen shot of an admin view which shows no center blocks enabled: Admin Screenshot

Any help would be appreciated....
Thanks!

Doops
Re: How do I change this......
  • 2002/4/29 3:40

• Doops

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/2/6 1

Looking int he html of your page I find this:

<p class='ahem'><small>This site will look MUCH better in a browser that supports <a title='The Web Standards Project's BROWSER UPGRADE initiative.' href='http://www.webstandards.org/upgrade/'>web standards</a>, but its content is accessible to any browser or Internet device.</small></p></div></td></tr></table><br /></td><td class='tb13' valign='top'><table border='0' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='100%' height='100%'><tr><td height='20' colspan='5' class='tb5' align='center' valign='middle'>&nbsp;</td></tr><tr><td width='30' class='tb6'>&nbsp;</td><td class='tb7'' valign='top' colspan='2'>&nbsp;<table width='100%' border='0' cellspacing='1' cellpadding='0' bgcolor='#8AA3AF'><tr><td valign='top'>
<table width='100%' border='0' cellspacing='1' cellpadding='8'><tr><td class='bg1' valign='top'>
<table width="100%"><tr valign='top'><td width='50%'>
</td><td width='50%'>
</td></tr>
</table></td></tr></table></td></tr></table>
<br /><br /><form name='form1' action='/main/html/modules/news/index.php' method='get'><div>
<select name='storytopic'>
<option value='0'>----</option>
<option value='1'>XOOPS</option>
</select>

I dont know where this comes from but the XOOPS system or otherwise must be generating the code

vietpixie
  • 2002/4/29 6:14

• vietpixie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/4/10

go to the
administration menu > news > general configuration
and change the setting for the "display navigation box"

smackdaddy
  • 2002/4/29 10:41

• smackdaddy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/3/28

vietpixie, thanks much! Such a simple fix....and I overlooked the solution probably 5 or 6 times! heh heh

Thanks...

philroy
  • 2003/10/18 23:07

• philroy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/8/23

Following on from this thread....

News allows you to switch off the pull-down menu of topics that appears at the top of the page easily (as mentioned here)....but I want to get rid of the pull-down menu that's appearing in my left column and replace it with text links for each topic (there's only going to be two on my site).

I'd much rather hack the news module than use any other menu builder (like iMenu etc) so is there some way, when you are displaying news topics in a block on the left of the site, to stop it showing as a pull-down menu and have it showing as text?

Cheers,

Phil

philroy
  • 2003/10/20 8:02

• philroy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/8/23

Anyone??

Help!!

Phil

Login

Who's Online

166 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 166

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits