RamteamJax
Myltiple social media feed and overview by user selection
  • 2017/5/19 14:07

• RamteamJax

• Just popping in

• Since: 2012/6/17

Hi there,

First of all, thanks for reading this topic. I'm completely lost into finding a working solution to our problem.

We are a startup company, focusing on customers from our former Dutch company. We've had many issues as we were using Wordpress, but apparently this is not or almost not possible on WP. I have used XOOPS a long time ago for my online gaming clan and was forced to move to WP because of a sponsor. Since our startup conpany has nothing to do with the online gaming clan, we can decide to go with XOOPS.

The question below was asked on the subforum for Feed Them Social for WP. See more at the bottom:

//
My question is simple.

I've got many feeds to use (all operated by me and my associates), such as multiple facebook pages, twitter accounts, youtube etc.

If I would add a multiple feed using Feed Them Social, is there then an option registered users can select WHICH feed they see?

E.g:
User 1 selects and sees feed1, feed7, feed 8..
User 2 selects and sees feed7, feed 29, feed 4..
User 3 selects and sees all feeds..
User 4 selects and sees feed9.

Is this possible and if so, how do I set it up?

Time is essential as we've spent a LOT (seriously) of money on plugins already because every dev put there claimed their plugin would do the trick. But none of m have.

We are willing to spend another xx amount of money, but would like to see results first (e.g. a demo or anything).

Thanks in advance.

With regards,
Youri
Netherlands
//

So what we need is a coding/plugin/module that gives us the possibility to let signed in users decide which feed they see.

We do have a html-version of the Custom Facebook Feed, so we could use this to implenent/embed it. I am not very fond of the CFF plugin, but hey, we do legally own a copy.

I hope there's someone out there who can help us out.
We've spent nearly all our budget on plugins that don't work the way we want it.

If there is someone here who is willing to help me/us out, we might habe work for you in the future as well.

With regards,
Youri
Netherlands

trabis
Re: Myltiple social media feed and overview by user selection
  • 2017/5/19 18:49

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

Have you ever tried the planet module?
https://github.com/XoopsModules25x/planet

It does not have access permissions as you would like but, if you like the module, I think it could be adapted to your needs.

Bleekk
Re: Myltiple social media feed and overview by user selection
  • 2017/5/27 16:59

• Bleekk

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/12/14

inspired by the queston of @RamteamJax I have created a small module to display feeds from instagram, facebook, twitter, pinterest, vk and rss.

you can see a working demo on this sitehttp://restaurant.bleekk.com/modules/xoopsfeeds/
(it is a theme that I am currently working on)

as soon as I have finished the block to display also the feeds I will release it

Login

Who's Online

177 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 177

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits