Main Menu is in "\modules\system\language\english\modinfo.php"
define('_MI_SYSTEM_BNAME6''Main Menu');
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Zap_English
Re: xLanguage Definitive Answers

Quote:

Main Menu is in "\modules\system\language\english\modinfo.php"

is not correct. It still shows on the side as "Main Menu" even though it's been changed in that file to "Главное меню"

And I searched 4045 files for "Main Menu" *.tpl;*.php;*.html;*.css and it's not there. So it's hidden somewhere else

geekwright

Quote:

Zap_English wrote:

... is not correct. It still shows on the side as "Main Menu" even though it's been changed in that file to "Главное меню"

The "Main Menu" phase is defined there, but changing it there won't do anything once the system is installed.

The block definitions for the system module are created during the initial install. The constants are used to set the default name when the row for the block in the newblocks table is first created. From that point on, to change it, you must edit that block in the admin area.

The block name is always just as it is set in the block editor. To make them multilingual, you can use xlanguage and use language tags in the name.

In days past, the local support sites often offered a XOOPS install kit with the local language files already added. That approach localized everything for a single language system in the initial install.

For the record, this is one of many localization issues that will be fixed in the next generation of XOOPS.

Zap_English

ok, found it.

For the record, I'm paying my employees to translate xoops to Ukrainian and there has never been a Ukrainian translation done before

Frankly, I still think that ALL language files should be included with the core and with every module

Zap_English

After all the translating was FINALLY done, I uploaded the language files for all the modules today

Activated the xlanguage block and when I clicked on the ukrainian flag (there wasn't one so I created it) I got

Quote:
http://rfu.in.ua/index.php?lang=ukrainian

The rfu.in.ua page isn’t working

rfu.in.ua is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

Is is because I haven't created Ukrainian content or because something else is wrong?

Do I have to update all the modules?

Well CRAP, now the entire site is down

I had to delete the xlanguage module in the backend to get the site back

Mamba
  • 2016/12/21 15:56

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Sorry to hear about it, but that's not a usual problem, so we would have to look into error logs to understand better the issue, and even possible have access to it, so we could test it.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Zap_English

i didn't have debug turned on and i don't see any error logs

Mamba, you already have access to the site if yo want to take a look.

I deleted the module subdir xlanguage but i zipped it first. so it's sitting in the modules root

Mamba
  • 2016/12/23 13:13

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

OK, I'll look into it...
Support XOOPS => DONATE

wishcraft

To Richard & Michael,

I have sent you a number of emails about setting up the APIs I have been working on while on holidays and recovering from an RSI Programming Injury which dymethal sulphone fixed me up 100%....

Couple of things XOOPS is a team and we even though you are new I am one of the older senior members; and I notice you have taken to much on your plate... currently the xoops.org website lookks appauling and really unprofessional and a number of times I have asked you to set up and account for me on the server which hasn't occured which is what I do normally maintain and fit things to the server for the team...

https://sourceforge.net/p/xoops/svn/HEAD/tree/%2A.xoops.org%20%28Subdomain%20APIs%20&%20Sites%29/ --> is where all the API for the xoops.org domain is...

Also on a brighter note, I have managed to secure for us with ransomit.com.au a server with no cost associated which is above the performance of the one we pay for 100 dollar for... so it may be an idea to move XOOPS.org to this so we are running with no cost associated...

I am happy to work on a more professional theme maybe based on my complexity and at least set all the performance and permissions without any problems of people not being able to post or find anything..

Btw.. check out my temp testing area for fonts.xoops.org --> fonts4web.org.uk

Caoi

Simon / Wishcraft

Zap_English

what does this have to do with my problems with xLanguage?

Login

Who's Online

196 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 196

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits