pallanson
Adding Search function to our Website
  • 2016/2/4 0:11

• pallanson

• Just popping in

• Since: 2016/2/3 2

Hi All,
Our website needs to add a Search function for finding products and I need help in seeing if this is possible.

The Xoops version used is 2.0.16, the website is www.ecd.net.au.

I'm new to the site and hope you can assist me!.

Thanks,
Peter

liomj
Re: Adding Search function to our Website
  • 2016/2/4 1:08

• liomj

• Just popping in

• Since: 2012/4/10

the link to search

http://www.ecd.net.au/search.php

activate the search block in administration page

pallanson
  • 2016/2/4 5:09

• pallanson

• Just popping in

Hi,
Thanks, I checked and this block does not appear in my administration menu?
Could clarify how this can be done.

pallanson
  • 2016/2/4 23:36

• pallanson

• Just popping in

Hi,
I have activated the search which now shows on the website, but when searching product codes no results show??

Could you please advise how to fix this?

Thanks

zyspec
  • 2016/2/5 1:21

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

There's a couple of things that we need to know in order to help:

What version of the mastop-publish module are you using for your products?

What version of PHP are you using?

I assume that Global search is enabled? To verify go to Admin Menu > Preferences > Search Options and make sure that 'Enable global searches?' is set to Yes.

Have you tried turning on debug to see if there's any errors showing? To do this go to Admin Menu > Preferences > General Settings and make sure that "Debug Mode" is set to "Enable Debug (inline mode)" to be able to see errors at the bottom of the page.

pallanson
  • 2016/2/5 2:19

• pallanson

• Just popping in

Thanks for helping, Im new to Xoops so bear with me!
Answers are;
Version 1
PHP - Not sure where I can find this info
Global Search - Yes enabled

Debug-6 errors shows;
SELECT FROM xoops_config WHERE (conf_modid '0' AND conf_catid '1'ORDER BY conf_order ASC
SELECT sess_data FROM xoops_session WHERE sess_id 
'XXX'
SELECT FROM xoops_users WHERE uid=1
SELECT 
FROM xoops_modules WHERE dirname 'system'
SELECT FROM xoops_configcategory
SELECT 
FROM xoops_group_permission WHERE (gperm_name 'module_admin' AND gperm_modid '1' AND (gperm_groupid '1' OR gperm_groupid '2'))

Does this help? Thanks

zyspec
  • 2016/2/5 16:32

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

To find any errors that might lead us to the problem type a term in the search block and click the Search button. At the bottom of the page click on the "Error(s)" link and then let us know what is displayed. The output you showed us above is the SQL query that was made on your homepage instead of any error(s).

Since I can't remember if 2.0.16 administration panel displayed the system information the easiest way to find the PHP version is to do the following:
Create a file on your system with a text editor. You can call it anything but for simplicity just call it phpinfo.php with the following contents:

<?php phpinfo();

Upload this to the root folder (directory) on your web server using either an ftp client or your web server control panel (cpanel, etc). Go to your website and then type:

http://{YourWebsite}/phpinfo.php

A report of your PHP configuration will be displayed. The PHP version is displayed near the beginning. It might be useful for you to print this out in case you need it later.

Important: DELETE the phpinfo.php file from your webserver. This file can give a potential hacker useful information if you leave it for anyone to find.

You can find the version of the module (mastop-publish) by looking at the Admin panel > Module page. Please report the PHP and module versions back here so we can see if there's either a known problem or help you "dive in" to find the problem. I looked at the current version of mastop-publish and does support search.

pallanson
  • 2016/2/9 5:32

• pallanson

• Just popping in

Thanks for your reply.

I tried everything and nothing worked;
1. Search field on Website, did not have any error link
2. Php: tried as you explained, only got a 404-error usedhttp://ecd.net.au/phpinfo.php
3.The Admin Console under Modules only shows Version 1

Ill try again is there any other way?
Thanks

Mamba
  • 2016/2/9 20:38

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
Php: tried as you explained, only got a 404-error usedhttp://ecd.net.au/phpinfo.php
You need to create a new file in your root directory under whatever name you want, e.g. "phpinfo123.php", with the content:
<?php phpinfo();
and then call the file from you URL as:http://ecd.net.au/phpinfo123.php This will give you the PHP info. Is this your server or do you use a hosting company? If your PHP is not already 5.5 or 5.6, see if you could get them installed for you. It seems like you're using only the mastop_publish module, so my recommendation would be to: a) Get PHP 5.5 or 5.6 b) Update XOOPS to XOOPS 2.5.7.2 c) Update mastop_publish to this one version Of course, make Backup of the DB first, and do a test before you do deploy it. Would it work for you?
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

184 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 184

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits