markondo
PHP server upgrade issue on Xoops 2.0.17- How to make it work again?
  • 2015/4/15 23:06

• markondo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/19

Hi
I have used Xoops version 2.0.17 hosted on one.com since 2005. That´s pretty Amazing!
Some weeks ago my web host one.com did upgrade PHP från version 5.3 to version 5.4, 5.5 or 5.6 (I can choose one of those) and my site erla.se do not work anymore. Before PHP upgrade i copied the whole site to my another site klemetti.org (also on one.com) for testing with upgrade or some other solution. I upgraded Xoops on klemetti.org to version 2.5.7.1 but it did not helped. But I can see user.php page and can browse few of the modules (with some language issues with text, the site is using cyrillic alphabets) but i cannot see the administration page at all.

I also use modules some of those seems have no upgrades since 2005. xt_conteudo, tinycontent, smartsections, content, contact, myalbum, mylinks, newbb, news, pical,sections, wfsection, xcgal, xoopschat,xoopsfaq and xoopsmembers.
Now I try to find the most usable solution. I tried to upgrade to new version of Xoops but I guess I need upgrade most of the modules too but some of the have no upgrades. So I need to move content from for example xt_conteudo, to some another module but I have no idea how to do that and if it even can be done. I have no skills in PHP coding.

The most possible solution I can think is to find some host who are running old PHP so I can put erla.se there and use it as an archive. Then I can start a new CMS installation and use it for new information.
Have somebody some ideas what to do and how?

goffy
Re: PHP server upgrade issue on Xoops 2.0.17- How to make it work again?
  • 2015/4/16 6:05

• goffy

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/27

Hi

there have been some bigger step, especially in admin area, in the last versions of xoops, this can cause the problems with getting in the admin area.

I would recommend:
check first, that you have local the same environment like on the server, if yes then:
- set up a new xoops 2.5.7.1
- check for newer versions of each module
-- then module by module:
--- if you have a current version, then install it (e.g. newbb, news,..)
--- if you have found no new version, ask here again (I do not know all modules you are using, but e.g. piCal is named now APCal)
- if the complete system and all modules working proper, then import the content data of your old modules
- copy your new site and the database on the server. of course, it can be helpful, if you copy all already first time after setting up xoops, then after installing first module, and so on. In this way you can also check, that the both environment (local and server) have the same configuration.

markondo
  • 2015/4/16 22:18

• markondo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/19

Hi
It sounds like a good idea so I´ll try that first of all.

redheadedrod

2.0.17 is a very old version and has security issues as well so upgrading to the latest version is not a bad idea. As already mentioned your best bet is to start your site from scratch. You CAN move some data over but you will likely end up having to do it manually.

Rodney

Login

Who's Online

148 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 148

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits