exotics
Pedigree module uploading pictures issue
  • 2014/10/31 19:31

• exotics

• Just popping in

• Since: 2013/4/5 1

Im wondering if its just me but when we try to upload pictures to the pedigree via the front end by adding a dog the image comes up blank it does not seem to be uploading them to the server and I have to do them manually

If I allow users to add their own animals how will they manage to add all the pictures?

Mamba
Re: Pedigree module uploading pictures issue
  • 2014/11/1 0:10

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

The Pedigree module needs a rewrite, and unfortunately, despite my best intentions, I am constantly running out of time, as other critical projects are popping up

I will try to find some time time in November to look into it and do some clean-up.

What version do you use right now, and where did you download it from, so I know where to look, and which version to test...
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

exotics
  • 2014/11/2 23:28

• exotics

• Just popping in

Im running xoops 2.5.7 and module Pedigree 1.31 Alpha 3 (01/23/2014)
I got the download fromhttp://sourceforge.net/projects/xoops/files/XOOPS%20Module%20Repository/XOOPS2/Pedigree/

Any help would be great once the picture issues is fixed is there a way of controlling which members are allowed to add and edit information?
Also when you click the print button to print a pedigree is there a way to style that print output or make it be a pdf ? I notice the url appears in the print is there a way to stop that and maybe have a more stylized pedigree print?

Mamba
  • 2014/11/12 13:42

• Mamba

FYI - I've committed some changes to SVN. If you want to test it, you can download it from the XOOPS SVN, just click on the "Download Snapshot" link.

Please note: this is work in progress and only for testing. DO NOT use it on your production site.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

exotics
  • 2014/11/15 21:08

• exotics

• Just popping in

Ive managed to get the module working but the images are still an issue
This is the edit image screen

Picture*
Image* choose file | no file chosen <<This is the issue>>

Explanation*
Use this field to provide a picture of the dog.
A URL for a picture must be in the following format :http://www.yourdomain.com/dog.jpg

It says in the Explanation that it needs to be a url but when you click the 'choose file' button it opens an explorer window to allow you to UPLOAD a file not direct it to the url ?

I dont mind having either option to be honest if the users have to upload the image from this field or if they have to direct it to a photobucket url or similar

Mamba
  • 2014/11/15 22:04

• Mamba

Thank you so much for testing!

Please keep on testing, but don't use it yet on a production site, because there will still some more changes coming. For example, the images uploaded by the users have to be moved to /uploads directory, so we're consistent with other modules.

We'll be also replacing the phpThumbnails library with another one.

In the meantime, please report any issue you find.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

exotics
  • 2014/11/16 12:37

• exotics

• Just popping in

No problem also the male female gifs are missing you know the circles and arrows
Do you have any idea of a time scale, im itching to get this on a production site, im aware of others having it on a live site with their pictures any idea how they get them there?

Mamba
  • 2014/11/16 12:41

• Mamba

Hopefully within a week or two, depends when I find some free time...
Support XOOPS => DONATE

exotics
  • 2014/11/17 10:20

• exotics

• Just popping in

Ah thats great, wonder how the others get the pictures there on theirs, Ive looked on the doberman website and the cane corso and they seem to work with the pictures I can give you the site url if you need it?

Mamba
  • 2014/11/17 15:32

• Mamba

Quote:
I can give you the site url if you need it?

That would be great! You can publish it here for all to see, or you can send me a Private message...
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Login

Who's Online

190 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 190

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits