danielreple
Re: Looking for a Instant messenger module

Do these errors are causing the white pages problem?

Now with admin user, XIM works but the messages don't reach the recipient, and often the pages are white. While normal users does not work with anything in XIM and the same problems occur of pages blank.

culex
  • 2014/9/15 12:48

• culex

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/23

Hey Danielreple

Looks like it is only warnings from xforum. Assigning new values by reference should not break the page loading only give a message.

Something else must be wrong. Did you allow regular users access to the module in admin ?

In the help section there are some hints on fixing white / blank errors. Try if any of these could help. If not you could send me a link and I could give it a look.

Make sure your block is visible on "All pages" and not only frontpage.

Make sure your Xoops version is > 2.4.0. Older versions of Xoops don't have preloads, which are required.

Turn on debug and check to see if any errors emerge

Using FireFox, right click on the screen, choose inspect element, choose console in the tabs and check to see if chat heartbeat is running
"GEThttp://www.yoursite.com/modules/xim/chat.php?action=chatheartbeat&_=XXXXXXXXXXXX xxx OK xxx MS"

If no errors, use Firebug (Right click->inspect element->console) and see if there are any jQuery errors.

If there are no jQuery errors. Clean caches-> module update xim, system modules.

If the page is still blank, Go to your protector module -> settings and write xim in the form "Modules out of Dos / Crawler checker".

Check if your theme is including more than one version of jQuery. Usually in the head of your theme.html file.Normally this is no problem as long as the other including jQuery > 1.3.2

danielreple

Thanks one more time!

Yes, I did allow regular users access the module.

My Xoops version is 2.5.6

I'm gonna do like you suggested, then I come back here.

Note: We managed to install jQuery Chat and it's working, but the improvements you made are great, why we want it.

danielreple

Hey culex,

finally we managed to install Xim!

We had to upgrade to XOOPS 2.5.7. I don't know what was happening but when the site was in 2.5.6 can not fix those problems ...

Now we have another small problem in Xim. When we started a conversation and xim windows are kept open by both users, everything works normally, even updating the page of the site. On the other hand, if one of the users who are talking close the xim conversation window, refresh the page and then try again to talk with the same user he was talking, xim becomes "crazy", dosen't send messages and starts send other old.

When you talk on "send me the link," is wanting a link to my site?
If that's what you want, click here

Thank you for helping me!

danielreple

Hey Culex,

have no idea how to solve this?
Another thing I noticed is that when I go in the administration of XIM and try to delete old messages, I click submit, the page refreshes and nothing ever happens.

oswaldo
  • 2014/10/30 22:16

• oswaldo

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2008/8/22

Hi Daniel

The error that you shows seems that is from xforum
Quote:
/modules/xforum/include/functions.php

Dante7237
  • 2014/10/31 2:29

• Dante7237

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2008/5/28

Culex?? I have a new 2.5.7 install and was gonna give xim a shot with it, so I went and clicked on the sourceforge link you posted in this thread, and am now in the middle of a 1.7 GB download. wtf?

Just a heads up buddy...

I think I'm downloading sourceforge. hahahaha

danielreple

Dante7237,
try this link: Download from culex.dk

oswaldo,
have any idea how to solve this?
Thanks for help!

Dante7237
  • 2014/11/1 14:25

• Dante7237

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2008/5/28

Thanks!

Login

Who's Online

182 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 182

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits