I have downloaded it from the svn file repository

Technicum
Re: XoopsGallery2 "Database Setup" troubles
  • 2014/9/23 12:37

• Technicum

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/9/6 5

Well, i have downloaded it from the regular modules section of this website:
https://xoops.org/modules/repository/singlefile.php?cid=36&lid=1874 and haven't got any problem with unzipping.

Technicum
  • 2015/5/28 13:30

• Technicum

• Just popping in

Quote:

Technicum wrote:
Hi,
The reason for the months of silence is that I've been really busy with school and had to put nearly all other things on halt.

Yesterday I picked up the gallery issue again and worked out where I stopped last May. At the moment i am stuck at the problem that it seems that the groups and users are exported to the gallery, but the rights they have don't come with them. Even as the administrator I only have "Add album to cart" and "Mount with WebDAV" options in the Gallery-menu.

For now , I don't have any opportunity of adding photo's to the gallery.

Picked up the issue once again, and still stuck

Mamba
  • 2015/5/28 21:25

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
Picked up the issue once again, and still stuck

This is not helpful

Try to be in our shoes, and when somebody tells you "still stuck", how are you going to help them? Do you have enough information to know what is going on?

Please explain/share:
- what you're stuck with?
- what have you done so far to fix it?
- what error messages are you getting?
- is the Debug in Admin set to "on"? And what messages are you getting from the Debug?
- what version of PHP/XOOPS are you using?
- could you post your code somewhere for us to download? (maybe you could set a new branch on SVN for this module?)

Most importantly, did you consider to switch to a module that is maintained, e.g. extGallery?
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Technicum
  • 2015/5/29 7:26

• Technicum

• Just popping in

I am stuck (i guess) on exporting the users en usergroups to the xg2 module. Installing and configuring the module went fine, but when i visit the module from the website, after exporting users and groups through the adminpanel, the only two menu-options i've got are "Add album to cart" and "Mount with WebDAV".

I have re-installed the module, and tried to re-export the users and groups, after deleting those exported users and groups by deleting the corresponding sql tables from the database. Besides the fact that i've only got the two said options, don't receive any error messages on visiting the xg2 module.

When i turn on the debug mode and visit the xg2 module, i get the following errors (translating "melding" = notification, "in bestand" = in file, "regel" = line, "waarschuwing" = warning in Dutch):

Melding: Use of undefined constant _MI_TDMDOWNLOADS_BNAME5 - assumed '_MI_TDMDOWNLOADS_BNAME5' in bestand /modules/TDMDownloads/xoops_version.php regel 96

Melding: Use of undefined constant _MI_TDMDOWNLOADS_BNAMEDSC5 - assumed '_MI_TDMDOWNLOADS_BNAMEDSC5' in bestand /modules/TDMDownloads/xoops_version.php regel 97

Melding: Use of undefined constant _MI_TDMDOWNLOADS_IMGFLOAT_LEFT - assumed '_MI_TDMDOWNLOADS_IMGFLOAT_LEFT' in bestand /modules/TDMDownloads/xoops_version.php regel 196

Melding: Use of undefined constant _MI_TDMDOWNLOADS_IMGFLOAT_RIGHT - assumed '_MI_TDMDOWNLOADS_IMGFLOAT_RIGHT' in bestand /modules/TDMDownloads/xoops_version.php regel 196

Melding: Use of undefined constant _MI_TDMDOWNLOADS_DOWNLOADFLOAT_LTR - assumed '_MI_TDMDOWNLOADS_DOWNLOADFLOAT_LTR' in bestand /modules/TDMDownloads/xoops_version.php regel 355

Melding: Use of undefined constant _MI_TDMDOWNLOADS_DOWNLOADFLOAT_RTL - assumed '_MI_TDMDOWNLOADS_DOWNLOADFLOAT_RTL' in bestand /modules/TDMDownloads/xoops_version.php regel 355

Melding: Constant _MI_EXTGALLERY_ALBUM already defined in bestand /modules/extgallery/language/nederlands/modinfo.php regel 76

Waarschuwing: xoopsOption[template_main] should be defined before including header.php in bestand /footer.php regel 59

I am running XOOPS 2.5.6 with PHP 5.4.4-14+deb7u9 on Debian 3.2.57-3 and as i am unfortunately unfamiliar with the use of SVN repositories i have uploaded the module as i am using it right now, with the updated 'core' from the GalleryProject website which i tried to make it work with xoops 2.5.x again, on my server:
xg2.1_Technicum_29-05-2015_09.14amGMT+01.rar

I have considered to switch to extGallery, but i'm not sure on what the most efficient way would be, from porting the ±12000 pictures from my xg2-gallery to extGallery, any suggestions? Because putting them all through the batch-tool in the admin section seems to be painstaking task :o.

Technicum
  • 2015/5/29 11:53

• Technicum

• Just popping in

In addition:
I've noticed that when i upload pictures to the extGallery module, it stores the pictures all together in: /public_html/uploads/extgallery/public-photo/*directory

However i'm quite satisfied and pleased with the way xg2 stores the pictures. The albums created just appear as folders in the gallerydata folder with the corresponding pictures in them...

Is there perhaps a way that i can keep using the folderlike storage of pictures within extGallery? Perhaps with some (customised) use of the extGallery's batchfolder?*/

Technicum
  • 2015/6/1 9:50

• Technicum

• Just popping in

Quote:

Technicum wrote:
In addition:
I've noticed that when i upload pictures to the extGallery module, it stores the pictures all together in: /public_html/uploads/extgallery/public-photo/*directory

However i'm quite satisfied and pleased with the way xg2 stores the pictures. The albums created just appear as folders in the gallerydata folder with the corresponding pictures in them...

Is there perhaps a way that i can keep using the folderlike storage of pictures within extGallery? Perhaps with some (customised) use of the extGallery's batchfolder?*/

Addition 2:
I am trying to get extGallery to work, but am struck by the fact that it seems that video's aren't supported... Am i right?

Mamba
  • 2015/6/3 12:09

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
I am trying to get extGallery to work, but am struck by the fact that it seems that video's aren't supported... Am i right?

That's correct.

We definitely need a module that supports "media", i.e. images, videos, and audio files. Was Debaser doing it? I don't remember anymore....
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

xoobaru
  • 2015/6/3 16:58

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

Debaser description in Modules repos says:

Debaser is a multimedia module for XOOPS. Any kind of multimedia files can be displayed / played if an appropriate player is available.
Features:

Permission system
Plays any kind of multimedia
New admin interface
Assigning file types to players
Categories with unlimited subcategories
Use of getid3-class
Pre-selected players

Looks like June 12, 2010 (5 years ago) was the latest "final" release here

I tried this at that time (2.5.?) and recalled that among other things, it did not retain or properly access urls of sites with streaming content after configuring them.

Technicum
  • 2015/8/5 14:47

• Technicum

• Just popping in

Finally, i moved on with extGallery. Ran out of time for a little while due to school, and went working with it again today.

I encountered a strange sort of bug i guess. When i only create a few albums with sub-albums the adding of images works fine, but when i add a lot more albums and sub-albums the photos won't come throught the batch processer properly.

It leaves me with the 'broken image' icon instead of the thumbnails in the image-approve screen. When i try to approve the images anyway does that 'work', but when i browse to the extGallery on my website the images aren't added properly as well, with only the 'broken image' icon as well.

'Error' in the approval screen:
Resized Image

How it turns out in the gallery itself after trying to approve the images anyway:
Resized Image

However, when i use the in-browser java applet to upload images it works fine
I am still running Xoops 2.5.6, with PHP 5.4.4, any ideas on how i can troubleshoot this issue?

Login

Who's Online

185 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 185

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits