danielreple
Looking for a Instant messenger module

Hello guys,

anyone know if there any chat module that works on newer xoops (2.5.6)? Or we can only use chat applications? We managed to install FlashChat (http://www.tufat.com/script2.htm), but it's not exactly what I want. I wanted some like the Facebook's Instant messenger, to members have private chats.

Thanks

Bleekk
Re: Looking for a Instant messenger module
  • 2014/8/30 9:03

• Bleekk

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/12/14

Google for a jquery facebook chat script

danielreple

Thanks Bleekk!

Do you know how it works? when a user sends a message, using jquery, the other being online gets the message anywhere in the site? Or both must be in a specific area?

culex
  • 2014/8/31 15:17

• culex

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/23

This could be what you're looking for.

Display users online and instantly using jquery and ajax chat one-on-one

Xoops Instant messenger

danielreple

hello culex,

I had seen the Xim, but I downloaded here in the website module area (Xim 1.02 final) and in XOOPS 2.5.6 it didn't work, is this out of date?

Congratulations to you and to Andrax for the initiative in developing this module, I read the thread here in the forum where you guys discussed about it.

I'm having trouble downloading via this link you provided. Is there any other place where I can download it? Is this with updated Xim? Why is it so big?

culex
  • 2014/9/6 17:36

• culex

• Module Developer

Hey Danielreple

Quote:

I had seen the Xim, but I downloaded here in the website module area (Xim 1.02 final) and in XOOPS 2.5.6 it didn't work, is this out of date?

So sorry I havent checked if any errors in 2.5.6, last check was with 2.5.5. I'll give it a spin to see if anything needs updating.

Quote:
I'm having trouble downloading via this link you provided. Is there any other place where I can download it? Is this with updated Xim? Why is it so big?

Looks like this link should work
Press link and then download snapshot

The size is mostly because of images used in the message container design and mp3 files used when messages are recieved

danielreple

Hey Culex,

I managed to download via this link: Download from culex.dk

and I installed on a XOOPS 2.5.6 file without any other additional module on localhost and xim worked normally! But when I install on my site, as I said in another topic, the whole site Became blank. Is it a conflict between modules?

Look how the site is:
- PHP 5.4.21
- Mysql 5.5.37-cll
- XOOPS 2.5.6

Installed modules:
- System
- Xoops Protector
- xForum
- User Profile
- News
- AMS
- Polls

Thanks a lot

culex
  • 2014/9/11 12:04

• culex

• Module Developer

I am just checking now.. I'll get back to you in a few.

My local server and webserver both run xoops 2.5.6 and a previous version of php / mysql so could be why.

EDIT: Just checked with newest php / mysql / jquery and Xoops. All seems to be good. I did notice though that in 2.5.7 you'll need to make the block IM visible.

I tested with this.

Users: registered users
IM block - right sidebar
visible: Yes
All pages

Then it worked. But i did not get any white pages. Try to uninstall IM - turn debug on in admin settings and install IM again and se what errors pop up

danielreple

Thanks culex!

I'll check this and come back to say what happened

danielreple

Hey Culex,

I followed your instructions and on the homepage of the site this following errors appear:

Unknown: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated arquivo /modules/xforum/include/functions.php linha 394
Unknown: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated arquivo /modules/xforum/include/functions.php linha 408

Do you know how to fix it?

Thanks again!

Login

Who's Online

183 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 183

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits