4asrir
any module for news/article in xoops 2.5.7 yet !!
  • 2014/7/5 18:55

• 4asrir

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/4/18

hello every one

after i lost my old site with xoops 2.5.5 because some modules stop working with the new php , so i decide to move to xoops 2.5.7 and build a new site .

now i still can't find a module like news or xnews or publisher , i think all this amazing modules aren't updated to xoops 2.5.6 or 2.5.7 !!

i hope if there is any version can work properly in xoops 2.5.7 .

regards

Mamba
Re: any module for news/article in xoops 2.5.7 yet !!
  • 2014/7/5 22:55

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
after i lost my old site with xoops 2.5.5 because some modules stop working with the new php , so i decide to move to xoops 2.5.7 and build a new site .

You should be still able to import the data from your older installation, so it shouldn't be lost.

Quote:
now i still can't find a module like news or xnews or publisher , i think all this amazing modules aren't updated to xoops 2.5.6 or 2.5.7 !!

xNews is not developed anymore.

We recommend to use Publisher, and just few days ago we have published this info about Publisher for XOOPS 2.5.7 testing.

I guess, you've missed that....
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

4asrir
  • 2014/7/7 15:46

• 4asrir

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/4/18

Quote:

You should be still able to import the data from your older installation, so it shouldn't be lost.

yes i still have backup , but all my old site build about the new module , and after it damaged because of the php issue , i see that its about dealing with this issues every time or move to 2.5.7 and be clean , so i choose the last .

Quote:

xNews is not developed anymore.

We recommend to use Publisher, and just few days ago we have published this info about Publisher for XOOPS 2.5.7 testing.

I guess, you've missed that....

this is exactly what i need , its perfect , thank you dear mamba .

i have some suggestion , so see you in your topic .

thank you very much .

Mamba
  • 2014/7/7 23:47

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
yes i still have backup , but all my old site build about the new module , and after it damaged because of the php issue , i see that its about dealing with this issues every time or move to 2.5.7 and be clean , so i choose the last .

Yes, moving to XOOPS 2.5.7 is the correct decision, but if the data was important, you should be able to migrate the data to new modules. Sometimes it is easier if there is an import script, but sometimes it has to be done manually.
So it all depends how important was the data for you.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

159 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 159

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits