reWARder
Re: [Request ] Module for Banners management
  • 2013/10/29 6:10

• reWARder

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/5/28

About 80 percent of my companies income is based on banner revenue, which puts me into the position, that I need powerful ad management system. I believe I checked most of the banner modules as well as Xoops' own banner management system and none of them was offering what I needed.

After some research I found OpenX, which is a powerful tool for admanagement. So far I have about 20 different companies advertising on my site and the site creates roughly 2 Million page impressions, and OpenX can handle it easily. I also create xls-reports, which can automatically be sent to customers and lots of other features you'll love, when you have to make money with banner advertising.

biomech
  • 2013/10/29 7:25

• biomech

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/2/25

I started with OpenAds / OpenX when it was phpadsnew, and found that it worked well. Trying to install from scratch again now, though, and can't figure out why my banner isn't showing up.

I have "Activate Banners" = 'yes' in admin / Preferences, and have added a banner in the banners module with the JavaScript for the OpenAds banner in the HTML code for the banner, but the banner's not showing up.

Could it be the theme I'm using?
Also, could anyone point me to documentation for adding the JavaScript for OpenAds to the XOOPS banner module, so I can check to make sure I have it right?

Thanks,

- b -

reWARder
  • 2013/10/29 15:29

• reWARder

• Not too shy to talk

You could try to put the "invocation code" for the zone you want to display into a new block. To be dead sure, your template does not interfer, you can put the invocation code inside an iframe inside the block. If your ads are still not showing up, then I would try searching the issue within openX

biomech
  • 2013/10/30 0:13

• biomech

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks for the response.

I can't see where to create a Zone in the OpenAds interface.
(Using OpenAds 2.0)

- b -

btesec
  • 2013/10/31 17:14

• btesec

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/2/20

Having this module is key for XOOPS users to be able to donate $ to xoops.org. I dont think xoops is being built to run only community or advocate type of sites. Business users need a way to collect $ to be able to survive. So yes RW-Banner is a good banner, greater if it can be ported to xoops 2.6 version. While I see other cms have some great ad mods, it's long due for XOOPS.

Mamba
  • 2013/11/1 9:53

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

There is a new Banner module created in XOOPS 2.6.0.

Could you take a look into it and see what is missing in features?
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

tatane
  • 2013/11/1 12:32

• tatane

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2008/5/6 1

Quote:

About 80 percent of my companies income is based on banner revenue, which puts me into the position, that I need powerful ad management system. I believe I checked most of the banner modules as well as Xoops' own banner management system and none of them was offering what I needed.

After some research I found OpenX, which is a powerful tool for admanagement. So far I have about 20 different companies advertising on my site and the site creates roughly 2 Million page impressions, and OpenX can handle it easily. I also create xls-reports, which can automatically be sent to customers and lots of other features you'll love, when you have to make money with banner advertising.

Hello
I also have the same needs as you. Having a management module evolved banners.
I started to create a specification for me. if it interress a devellopeur Core I am ready to send

reWARder
  • 2013/11/2 7:31

• reWARder

• Not too shy to talk

@Biomech
Personally I find setting up an campaing in OpenX fairly simple.

1. Create an advertiser
2. Create a Campaign under this advertiser
3. Add banner to advertiser

4. Setup a website
5. Create zones
6. Hit "Linked Zones" in banner right next to the zone you created
7. Choose the banners you want to link to that zone

If you really struggle to get your banners setup, there are some good manuals out there. The first time I was working with OpenX I was following a manual that comes with OpenX itself.

@tatane
I tried RW banner back in the days. It was decent, but imo it's not the case the it's usable if you really make money with advertisements. One thing the is crucial with an ad system is that it makes generating reports piece of cake, since companies that advertise on your website, want to know how the banners, for which they paid a lot of money, perform. Doing reports with RW Banner is really hard.

@Mamba
To get some inspiration for the new banner management module in Xoops 2.6.0 just install OpenX somewhere an check out what it can do. If this could be ported to Xoops, then for example I would use it.

tatane
  • 2013/11/2 10:09

• tatane

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2008/5/6 1

Quote:

reWARder wrote:
@tatane
I tried RW banner back in the days. It was decent, but imo it's not the case the it's usable if you really make money with advertisements. One thing the is crucial with an ad system is that it makes generating reports piece of cake, since companies that advertise on your website, want to know how the banners, for which they paid a lot of money, perform. Doing reports with RW Banner is really hard.

This module can be :
- Programmed campaigns broadcasts
- The advertiser of a campaign can not follow are running like banners.php
- We can not determine default campaigns
- I tried this module on 2.5.6 and despite changes to display the tags it does not work

biomech
  • 2013/12/4 9:35

• biomech

• Not too shy to talk

@rewarder :

Thanks for the tip.

After a lot of looking around, I found this blog post (Sep 2013 -http://www.openxconsultant.com/blog/2013/09/openx-source-continues-as-open-source-project-revive-adserver/?wt=2 ) saying that OpenX has sold OpenX Source to an open source developer who is now working on it as a separate open source project called "Revive". See the Revive project site here:

http://www.revive-adserver.com/

I'm going to give this one a go and see how it works.

- b -

Login

Who's Online

152 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 152

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits