timgno
Xoops Sites and Google Developers
  • 2013/10/23 8:55

• timgno

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/6/21

Trying to optimize my site, while moving the js and css code in other locations on the page, load errors of the same by the server is always slow.
Now I'm not sure it can be the server (Shared) to cause this because, from what I read on the documentation of google, it could also be the manager of content that should be better optimized for seo and performance.

Below I quote what he says the pagehttps://developers.google.com/speed/docs/insights/Server

1° - Gather and inspect existing performance and data. If none is available, evaluate using an automated web application monitoring solution (there are hosted and open source versions available for most platforms), or add custom instrumentation.
2° - Identify and fix top performance bottlenecks. If you are using a popular web framework, or content management platform, consult the documentation for performance optimization best practices.
3° - Monitor and alert for any future performance regressions!

For this reason I think it should have a XOOPS documentation that is Enlarged to specify how to arrange the code in your pages, and possibly the type of server to be taken to XOOPS.

The server that hosts my website, for example, suggests you buy a web space that is at least nearly dedicated enough to have both performance and plenty of disk space and more databases or even unlimited.

A large judgment you!

Mamba
Re: Xoops Sites and Google Developers
  • 2013/10/27 1:10

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

1) Since every site is different, you need to analyze "your" site and see what are the bottlenecks. Most of the time are the images, so you need to optimize them in the first place.

2) For XOOPS 2.6.0 Richard is planning a new design that will help XOOPS to optimize the placement of scripts, CSS, etc.

3) Just make sure that you have a good server. I have installed tons of sites for several clients on Arvixe, and at $3.20/month, the server performance has been excellent.

One client switched from a dedicated server to Arvixe's Business Solution, and the performance has been very good, and she is saving money in comparison to what she paid for the dedicated server with another hosting company.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

timgno
Re: Xoops Sites and Google Developers
  • 2013/10/27 19:10

• timgno

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/6/21

For this reason I opened this discussion, to understand what users are using and why I'am getting errors loading for js and css default as xoops.css, xoops.js, jquery.js, jquery.ui.css and jquery.ui.js

Anywhere in the page I insert them give me error.

Another very important thing is that if I'm going to do the verification for seo w3c.validator for css, tells me that I have to rewrite all the files, because it does not yet support html5 -moz- directives and to help me rewrite all css files without the corners of the box that are created.

How much you have to wait before all browsers adapt to new encodings js and css?

I can just take a web space dedicated, let's see if that works better

Login

Who's Online

173 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 173

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits