xoobaru
chmod translations for WAMP
  • 2013/8/12 15:02

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

Does any of the WAMP/XAMPP warriors/veterans in XOOPSboro have a useful translation for equivalency of Linux/Unix chmod to Windows NTFS security permissions? Even refined Google searches seem to turn up nothing but useless leads.

redheadedrod
Re: chmod translations for WAMP

What are you using to change the permissions?

If you are doing this with PHP and you are doing just normal RWX permissions like you would with Unix/Linux the same command should work.

The only issue might be if the user account that WAMP is running under something other than an administrator user. I have used XAMPP and WAMP should be no different.

So using a file permission of 777 with windows or linux should give you a fully readable, writable and executable directory. Windows may only support read and write but I know when I have worked with the install script I was able to check the permissions and write to them under windows. I believe this will only work on an NTFS file system which you said you were using anyhow.

If you are trying to do a chmod from the cli I believe you are using the standard command shell of windows which doesn't support chmod but works another way.

What are you trying to do exactly?

Rodney

xoobaru
Re: chmod translations for WAMP
  • 2013/8/12 22:14

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

Just ran some script as admin with chmod set capability (ran on same server). Regardless of what values were submitted, it just kept coming back 777. Even when I force read only on the files it still says 777, which is not accurate. One message board stated this cannot be done reliably in Windows. I suspect I just got a script optimized for Linux/Unix. No big deal, its just for offline dev use anyway.

Login

Who's Online

147 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 147

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits