xoobaru
Decentralized federation
  • 2013/7/31 15:38

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

What meanest thou by the word federated, Wishcraft? The term "decentralized federation" is an oxymoron, as federations naturally move in the direction of mass centralization. until hopefully, they might self destruct. I would call into question its use as a marketing term, because it seems like a negative association.

Unless you happen to be the Obamaphone lady. The love everything federated.

wishcraft
Re: Decentralized federation

Quote:

xoobaru wrote:
What meanest thou by the word federated, Wishcraft? The term "decentralized federation" is an oxymoron, as federations naturally move in the direction of mass centralization. until hopefully, they might self destruct. I would call into question its use as a marketing term, because it seems like a negative association.

Unless you happen to be the Obamaphone lady. The love everything federated.

Decentralised Federated Network, is not an oxymoron it already exists in PHP libraries, one is called Friendica, another one peer.io or status.net just to example some few, this one works like a torrent and has a spawning tracker for your website, where you will be able to generate an XML file to describe some open data like forums and it willl sydnicate with anyone else in the hive with a similar XML file that describes the data, means people can cross post throughout the network whether they are using Newbb, Xforum, Phpbb and so on with a transient data transport layer set up with description XML Files as resources.

It works a bit like a neural network but less ridged. Well I would hardly call Facebook a federated network, all it does it syndicate with other networks buit they must be ALL THROUGH facespoof so the US Government can download .. pictures of my niece and stuff. Mind you it still with connector sydnicate with federated networks like facebook, Google+ and so on.

Partly why I have been working on all this spam preventative stuff like xortify so I can minimise on the amount of spam in transit on the hives branches, plus items on the network have a TTL (Time to live) before they are dropped, every thing has a TTL could set for a 1000 years in front but will still be deleted in a 1000 years for example.

Login

Who's Online

247 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 247

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits