mexicali
Step 11 of Installation Wizard will not proceed
  • 2012/11/3 8:19

• mexicali

• Just popping in

• Since: 2012/11/3

I'm using Xoops Installation Wizard for 2.5.5 (Apr 2012). On step 11/14 "Site Configuration" the wizard refuses to proceed to the next step, which should be step 12/14. The step 11/14 page just seems to refresh despite clicking the forward submit. I've tried changing field data on step 11 to different inputs (site name, meta tags and footer, etc.), but nothing seems to make a difference. On forward click step 11/14 just reappears, and I can't figure out how to get the install wizard to proceed to step 12/14; I don't see any obvious error messages that explain what the problem is. Webserver is local, xampp v2.5 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Platform 2 SP3. Using Firefox 16.0.2.

jakehart
Re: Step 11 of Installation Wizard will not proceed
  • 2013/1/25 7:04

• jakehart

• Just popping in

• Since: 2013/1/25

I too have a 'no-go' situation at Step 11 site config screen. But in my case, XOOPS is throwing out hundreds of 'Strict Standard' errors regarding various php calls. These messages began to appear during Step 6 and take the form:

"Strict Standards: Non-static method MyTextSanitizer::getInstance() should not be called statically in C:\Downloads\xampp\htdocs\install\include\functions.php on line 54"

As I said, there are hundreds of these messages being generated. I DO get positive confirmations on Steps 6 to 10, in spite of the errors. But at Step 11 the installer simply hangs.

I see no one has replied to the original post. Let's hope some knowledgeable friend will now....cause this is ridiculously frustrating.

And FYI, this is a Win7Pro install for 'localhost' testing and yes XAMMP & MySQL are, to the best of my knowledge, up and running correctly.

Mamba
  • 2013/1/25 8:03

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Obviously you're using PHP 5.4, for which XOOPS 2.5.5 has not been certified.

Please use XOOPS 2.5.6 Beta, which has been updated for PHP 5.4.x. If you see any bugs/errors, please let us know.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

jakehart
  • 2013/1/25 18:41

• jakehart

• Just popping in

• Since: 2013/1/25

Mamba,

Many Thanks and Blessing!

Using XOOPS2.5.6 Beta solved the install problem and I was able to generate a clean and functional XOOPS install on localhost.

One minor point. Your reply stated that "Obviously" I was using a more current PHP Version. While I admit I possess FAR from expert level PHP skills and my CMS skills are next to zero...to me, there was nothing "Obvious" about the install failure with Xoops2.5.5 being caused by a PHP Version conflict.

I will, however, admit that I might well just be too PHP challenged to have realized the source of the problem.

Again, Many Thanks

Jake

Mamba
  • 2013/1/25 19:04

• Mamba

Quote:
One minor point. Your reply stated that "Obviously" I was using a more current PHP Version. While I admit I possess FAR from expert level PHP skills and my CMS skills are next to zero...to me, there was nothing "Obvious" about the install failure with Xoops2.5.5 being caused by a PHP Version conflict.

I was not saying that it should be obvious to you!
It was was obvious to me, because I've seen this kind of errors!

Sorry for the misunderstanding!

But I am glad that it is working now.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

elstreemedia

I have a slightly different problem but similarly step 11 will not proceed.

I get the following two warning, neither of which I can find any reference to on the firms... Any help would be much appreciated. I have done a clean install of 2.5.6 twice with the same errors.

Warning: Cache Engine file is not initialized in /homepages/1/d356001548/htdocs/Eastbourne/class/cache/xoopscache.php on line 179

Warning: Cache Engine file is not set in /homepages/1/d356001548/htdocs/Eastbourne/class/cache/xoopscache.php on line 137

Mamba
  • 2013/6/11 10:31

• Mamba

You probably didn't set the permissions correctly to /xoops_data/caches folders. It has to be 777.

Please read the requirements on Step 2.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

elstreemedia

Hi

No, I'd printed out the install read me and I've been through every file and folder it mentions and set them to 777. Still getting the same error..

Ray

Login

Who's Online

190 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 190

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits