redheadedrod
Re: ability to select group during register & changing group during editing profile

At this point I plan to look into the group stuff and permissions to possibly make some significant upgrades to those systems after I am done with the new install system and database connector.

The groups module is an old module that sort of works but some aspects of it could be included into the group admin. I have looked at this module in the past extensively and wanted to make some changes to it but I will revisit this when I look at the upgrades I want to make.

These upgrades then will be incorporated into the new profile module I plan to design from scratch as well. (Which I will likely start after the upgrades to the permissions and group stuff.)

Any proposed changes I make to the core code will be made available as patches to 2.5.6 and 2.6.0 and if they work out well hopefully they can be included in 2.6.1.

If I remember I will look at this and see what is possible with the current code after I am done with the install script.

I am planning to have an active summer.. ;)
And if I can progress with the PHP stuff as quickly as I have lately been with C# and .net I could theoretically be working on this by end of the month. But don't hold your breath... ;)

Login

Who's Online

260 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 260

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits