redheadedrod
Re: Subscription / membership

... or a certain developer develops his software while under the influence of drugs and doesn't understand the concept of testing before release of software. This same developer sees software as an art form and out thinks himself sometimes trying to make things "magical".

It is a shame because he does have some "mad" talents but doesn't use them well.

Beyond that... I will be taking this up when finished with the install program. I have some changes I want to make to the groups/permissions system that will allow membership/subscriptions much easier and more powerful. With those changes I will look at developing support modules to accept payments and such as well. But don't expect that to happen before June/July since I have lots of work yet to do with the install script before it will be available while also busy with homework etc...

xoobaru
  • 2013/3/14 16:04

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

Quote:

... or a certain developer develops his software while under the influence of drugs and doesn't understand the concept of testing before release of software.

I think that was for his heart or something, some things you gotta take. Hes got a pretty cool sounding psychoanalysis module, maybe the insightful and correct use of this module will unlock the "mad talent" mojo you refer to.

Sounds like once you get past the learning curve you will have a pretty good foundation for developing.

xoobaru
  • 2013/3/14 22:07

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

I reviewed module Membership 1.09 and XPayment companion and the results were as follows.

1. Membership: Changes made to the PayPal gateway payment address remain unchanged in the list. After changing list still retains original address distributed with the module.

2. XPayment: The selected payment gateway does not get carried forward into the users invoice form, even thought the supplied membership plugin is present under Xpayment plugins, so selection of a gateway to use is not possible (only one is configured... PayPal but nothing shows up in select box).

3. Membership: This module may require a non-standard version of profile module. After installation, the following notification appears in the modules backend checklist:

"Does the required profile module field exist: No"

4. XPayment: Pre-submit invoice form insists on discount code even though the customer is not eligible (must have ten invoices by default according to settings in preferences).

5. XPayment: Cannot turn discount code off in the preferences.

6. Xpayment: Print invoice feature bug.

6.1 -If the customer goes to the printable version link (pdf) in his invoice email,
or
6,2 -If they click on the print pdf icon from withing the invoice itself they get this error:

"mysite/invoice.pdf.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read."

Maybe the pdf generator is not 2.5.5 compatible.

You can set up, you can price, permission the membership package(s), and the invoice opens successfully with one click.

However,

I as the customer am unable to complete the payment transaction because I do not have a discount code to enter, and it will not let me not enter one, nor can I select the gateway to complete my transaction if I did. So it is useless in its current form. If these were taken care of, it would be a worthwhile module.

xoobaru
  • 2013/3/22 14:46

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

Quote:

1. Membership: Changes made to the PayPal gateway payment address remain unchanged in the list. After changing list still retains original address distributed with the module.

Strike this item. The address mentioned is actually the address of the plugins author, not the payee address.

Misunderstanding.

Login

Who's Online

189 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 189

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits