H0LLYW00D
Xoops 2.5.5 and Profile Module
  • 2013/2/19 14:54

• H0LLYW00D

• Just popping in

• Since: 2013/2/19

I have been a long time user of Xoops and have been lurking around the forums for a while but finally decided to resister as I can't seem to solve the problem I am having in the new release of Xoops.

I installed a fresh copy of 2.5.5 onto my server and it installed just fine with no errors or abnormalities. I then installed the profile module and it installed fine. I then went to start setting up my site, I created another group called supervisors and went to go configure permissions for it on the profile module after giving it access in the group screen. I found I was unable to change permissions properly it would say it deleted it but then not change the screen, also the fields assigned to be visible from that group were not seen. I uninstalled the module and found the latest copy on the Xoops site 1.75 i believe. With it i was able to properly adjust permissions on the admin page but the fields were not seen on the profile by any user. I am at a loss as to why I cannot get the profile module to work with added groups and get the permissions to play nice.

Mamba
Re: Xoops 2.5.5 and Profile Module
  • 2013/2/19 16:03

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
I uninstalled the module and found the latest copy on the Xoops site 1.75 i believe.

This version 1.75 is an "unsupported" hack, so please use it only if you feel comfortable with "unsupported" code.

I would suggest to go back to the original code, and then we'll try to help you here.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

xoobaru
  • 2013/2/19 16:36

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

Is 1.67 in this category too (for compat with those who use xin?)

Mamba
  • 2013/2/19 16:42

• Mamba

The only officially supported version of Profile is the one that comes with XOOPS release.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

H0LLYW00D
  • 2013/2/19 20:55

• H0LLYW00D

• Just popping in

I did not know it was a hack version, I have uninstalled the whole Xoops system from my server and done a clean install and will start to play with it this afternoon. I am not wanting to get the rest of the site up until I can get this module or me errors that are making this module not function properly.

---
Update: after a clean install i installed the standard profile that comes with 2.5.5 and went to the visibility screen and when deleting viability for a field it says they are removed but they still show on the page. I remember seeing something on the forums that there is a big and a fix for it, should i be using that "fix"

I tried the line 513 fix with no success, I also for kicks installed the profile module form the 2.5.6 beta with no change and the 2.6.0 version gave a white page.

I appreciate all the help, as this site is for a volunteer group, I am now back to the original 2.5.5 release version and seeing what I come up with.

H0LLYW00D
  • 2013/2/19 21:26

• H0LLYW00D

• Just popping in

I turned on debugging and tried to remove one of the permissions from the visibility scree and got this:
Warning: Illegal string offset 'user_group' in file H:/webroot/secure/keyboe/xoops_data/caches/smarty_compile/edada955-profile-default-default^%%03^031^031FDDDE%%db%3Aprofile_admin_visibility.html.php line 35
Warning: Illegal string offset 'profile_group' in file H:/webroot/secure/keyboe/xoops_data/caches/smarty_compile/edada955-profile-default-default^%%03^031^031FDDDE%%db%3Aprofile_admin_visibility.html.php line 36

H0LLYW00D
  • 2013/2/20 0:30

• H0LLYW00D

• Just popping in

Another update on my quest for a working solution. I installed the profile module from the basic module pack which is version 1.61 and things seem to be working I can add end delete visibility properly and can work with non standard Xoops groups such as a supervisor group. I am not sure if there is something that got changed in the newest release that gave me the issues or just my user error.

redheadedrod

A module developer has been improperly using the "profile" name for his own profile modifications. His modules are well known for being bug ridden and not quite complete. You should ONLY use the profile module that is included in the basic module pack or included with the actual xoops installation. (They really should be one in the same if you are running the latest release of xoops.)

The ONLY chance you have of getting rid of all of the old "crap" left over from the unsupported profile modules is to uninstall the other profile module and install the correct one. It is unfortunate that the module developer responsible for the "newer" modules named them the same because there has been much confusion. It is also too bad that he didn't test them more because he did add some cool features but doesn't matter if the software is too buggy to use on most systems.

H0LLYW00D
  • 2013/2/20 17:46

• H0LLYW00D

• Just popping in

I finally have things working I uninstalled everything Xoops last night and dumped the database and started fresh, installing 2.5.5 and using the profile module from the Basic Modules Pack and i was able to get everything running with very little issues. I am not sure why the profile module with 2.5.5 will not work for me as it is 1.63 i believed and I am running 1.61 with no issues.

Mamba
  • 2013/2/20 18:02

• Mamba

Can you also try to install and test the XOOPS 2.5.6 Beta with its Profile, and let us know if it works for you?
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Login

Who's Online

151 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 151

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits