Bluenoser
Initial 2.5.5 Usage Problems
  • 2013/2/6 15:39

• Bluenoser

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/6/5 1

Hi,

I have been using xoops (2.0) for years and have wrote modules. I needed to setup a new site so I wanted to use the latest. I installed no problem, but I am having problems.

1. After initial administrator login, I cannot relogin from the Login Block, but I can login from the user.php#lost screen.

2. In the install, I selected the options to install the User Profile and Protector modules. They never got installed and I cannot install them.

3. I cannot change any settings in the System Option screens. I change it, no error is reported, but then I go back, they are not saved. The mySQL tables where installed properly and the mysql user has full rights. mySQL version is 5.0.98

I didn't see others have the problems that I am having. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Ron

Anonymous
Re: Initial 2.5.5 Usage Problems
  • 2013/2/6 15:49

• Anonymous

• Since:

What is your php version? 5.2 is minimum and 5.3 recommended.

Bluenoser
  • 2013/2/6 17:33

• Bluenoser

• Just popping in

Quote:

flipse wrote:
What is your php version? 5.2 is minimum and 5.3 recommended.

Thanks for responding.

My php version is 5.3.8

Ron

xoobaru
  • 2013/2/6 17:36

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

Nothing for those modules in your database? Also were your CHMOD setting correct per the install recommedation?

Bluenoser
  • 2013/2/6 18:01

• Bluenoser

• Just popping in

Quote:

xoobaru wrote:
Nothing for those modules in your database? Also were your CHMOD setting correct per the install recommedation?

No. Nothing for the modules in the database. I followed the instruction for the chmod settings. I have done about 10 XOOPS installs in the past, but on the 2.0 stream.

xoobaru
  • 2013/2/6 18:12

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

My next step if I were you would be to set php to log all errors (or have your host service do it), and then attempt reinstall, and go back and analyze the php error and server logs to get a clue on any missing dependencies. It only takes five minutes.

Bluenoser
  • 2013/2/6 18:42

• Bluenoser

• Just popping in

Quote:

xoobaru wrote:
My next step if I were you would be to set php to log all errors (or have your host service do it), and then attempt reinstall, and go back and analyze the php error and server logs to get a clue on any missing dependencies. It only takes five minutes.

Everything installed with xoops is being displayed properly. The only thing is I can't change anything. But yet the install process configured and loaded all the databases and added the default data.

xoobaru
  • 2013/2/6 19:15

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

Are you referring to a reinstall? Did you do that?

That not being the case, if you don't have a profile module, how would the system know who you were, or that you had administrative privileges? You may not be able to save settings because you were not correctly permissioned during setup, therefore not recognized by the system of having the authority to make changes.

trabis
  • 2013/2/6 20:09

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

Quote:

Bluenoser wrote:
Everything installed with xoops is being displayed properly. The only thing is I can't change anything. But yet the install process configured and loaded all the databases and added the default data.

Other sugestions:
- The session table may be corrupted, try to repair it.
- Delete your browser cache and cookies or try to login with another browser.

Bluenoser
  • 2013/2/6 21:59

• Bluenoser

• Just popping in

OK. I ran the installation process twice. On the first pass I was able to install the optional Profile module. Then next time I was able to install the Protector module.

I checked the tables and they are all ok.

One thing that is odd is that the sessions table is creating one new record each time I am trying to login. I deleted the sessions table and created it again. I then used another browser and tried to login. I still can't get in. I can see the cookie in the browser which matches in the session.

So I am "logging in", but it isn't validating my session.

Login

Who's Online

154 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 1

Guests: 153

mailsdaddy,

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!