Re: Roadmap 2.6.0 Discussion
I'd love to see 960.gs as default template for administration and site, but looks like will happen in 5.0.0...
- Can't recognize EXIF extension on 5.3.13
- Still gives a lot of useless information, this is stressing for newbies. Check Drupal, Joomla!, WP, rest (except banned cms, cube legacy and xoosla).
- Scroller on step 11 is not good, better to be auto height
- Protector is yes by default on extensions, should be no and rest yes (specially of remains same *censored* as in 2.5.5)
- Instead of renaming install/ folder, add function to the installer for removal like in Joomla! and sMF
- Again thousand of files in install/language/english (is this is redheaded installer ?)
- Same *censored* module :(
- ICQ and AIM - there are no such things from years, AIM bought ICQ and now there is no matter what client u will use, they're the same. 2nd - due several security issues no one uses both of them anymore.
- YIM - show me one user on this forum, that uses this back door generator ?
- FB, Skype, Twitter - missing again
- Page title shows - User Profile, but in the menu u have to view account and edit account, where is the Censor to see what's writing in the language files ?
- Administration in new window ?!?
- Transition release or cosmetic ?
- Task Groups is independent part of Users, why should be on separate place ?
- Everything users should be in one place, not anywhere u can imagine
- Task User Ranks is independent part of Users, again on different menu/icon
- Extensions are hmmm, RM Common plugins can be called extensions, but what user rank doing there... no idea.
...as overal, this cosmetic changes should be done earlier, 2.3/4/5 (same), otherwise:
- same language files, unchanged definitions, even reverted to 2.4 somewhere like in profile
- no build-in installer, still far, far away from KISS
- probably there is no and version checker and updater on the distributed modules and core
For me: A bit disappointed, expected something really new, not just cosmetic changes...., someone will say there are changes to easy the way of making modules, those changes are done in 2.3, lately in 2.4, currently in 2.5, and 2.6 will be the same. With every new core released, the number of operational modules drastically decreases. (One big plus for J!, when they're released 1.6 transition release, they dropped - full drop backward compatibility with 1.5), make it and here, once and forever.
Add INI files by default for Languages, no backward compatibility with old 2.5/2.4/2.3/2.0 modules.
(more may come later... but as whole, no comment)