• jcweb

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/25

@Cesag
If i right understand, you have only to change

Database :: getInstance();

with

XoopsDatabaseFactory :: getDatabaseConnection();

in class/language.php line 39. The error warnings should fix now.

Greets Andy

Edit: I mean to remember, that you can not call the module - module/xlanguage, i mean you can, but there was ever a wihite page. The module have only a administration and nothing to show.

Cesagonchu
Re: xLanguage 3.03 Beta 1 -ready for testing & feedback

Thank you jcweb
In fact, I signal errors so that they are corrected. That of the blank page should not exist, even if module is not made to be displayed.

Mamba
  • 2012/4/30 19:43

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
In fact, I signal errors so that they are corrected.

Thanks for doing it, Cesag! We need more people who help us with testing! Only then can we make XOOPS the best product on the market!
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Mamba
xLanguage 3.03 Final Released for XOOPS 2.5.5
  • 2012/6/19 15:15

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Since there are no more bug reports, xLanguage has been moved to 3.03 Final.

You can download it from SourceForge SVN.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

irmtfan
Re: xLanguage 3.03 Final Released for XOOPS 2.5.5
  • 2012/7/22 10:52

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

1- A functional bug in 3.03 (not in 3.02):
subject:
It do not save the "lang_code" field in the database and wrongly save the language code in "lang_charset" field.
desc:
when you add a new base language and fill lang code and lang charset after click on submit button everything goes well but when the page redirect the lang code is blank and the lang charset is filled by the lang code:

Desc | Name | charset | code
english | english | en

2- In 3.02 and 3.03:
It dont reload the xoops_module_header smarty for the website second language in newbb module.
so the header is like this:
<head>
                <!-- 
Theme name -->
        <!-- 
Directory html blocks files or additional html files by include -->
        <!-- 
Directory html plugins files -->
        <!-- 
MetasTitles, and Style Sheets -->
    <
meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />

<
title>testXOOPS Site</title>

<
meta name="robots" content="index,follow" />

<
meta name="keywords" content="test" />
</
head>

beside the above bugs and as i stated in some other topics im really against of using xlanguage module.
It have great issues in caching. You can not reproduce this error in low traffic websites. but in websites with more than 1,000 unique visitors/day and more than 50,000 Hits/day you can see it.
Three years ago i had to revert to xmlh after some overloading in SERVER CPU and RAM.
I strongly recommend "xmlh" by GIJ.

Also Trabis change XMLH to a module that works great in 2.5.5
http://www.xuups.com/easiestml.zip

of course both xlanguage and xmlh have issues in loading local css/js files.
I will create another topic soon.

DCrussader

French translation
https://sourceforge.net/projects/gtlt/files/XOOPS/Modules/fr-FR/?
mirror
http://www.uploading.to/ts7v8vxtwyti

DCrussader

Regarding dutch translation from SVN
in admin.php
_AM_MODULEADMIN_MISSING
_AM_XLANG_FOOTER

are not translated, for me completed translation is the one which is 100% finished.
Nothing personal, but modules first need verification of language files, for eliminating invalid spaces (otherwise will happen same situation like Wishcraft modules which are mostly forks of existing modules and no matter how good programmer is GiJoe - his language files need total rewrite), secondary upload on TX, translation, download and save on SVN/localized sites. Not in reverse order.

From posthttps://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=344118#forumpost344118
Date: 2/12 23:42

irmtfan
  • 2012/8/8 2:59

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

IMO we should separate testing modules (module + english translation) from issues in module translations.
when the module itself have very serious bugs why a translator should bother himself to correct the translation and officially release them?
This xlanguage module version 3.03 is not usable at all until the bugs will solved.

DCrussader

bcz was added here, and so far is the only way to make up multi-lingual site

wont mention the buggiest ever module - NewBB maintained in several different branches and no one is stable enough to be used.

That's current XOOPS folks.
One stable core and few work in progress modules. Sooner or later xLanguage will get fixed, and those bugs will not affect language files.

irmtfan
  • 2012/8/8 6:33

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

Quote:

NewBB maintained in several different branches and no one is stable enough to be used.

there is no guarantee that a stable module can work on your site without any issue.

Newbb is not officially announced as stable but In my technical point of view it is now more stable than any other module that have stable label on its head but is buggy. eg: Xhelp, xlanguage, fmcontent, publisher, ...

http://xoops.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xoops/XoopsModules/newbb/branches/irmtfan/newbb

IMO in the recent stable announced modules in xoops 2.5.5, only news 1.67 can be called stable. (but still full of hardcodes and far from the required quality)
newbb 4.3 (irmtfan branch) is even more stable than xoops 2.5.5 because there are some minor issues in xoops 2.5.5 that have been solved in newbb 4.3
I worked on newbb 4.3 to solve its bugs then i worked on languages.
And to be honest IMO revising the current old language definitions is more important than removing spaces, finding small typos and ...
once we have INI files and a language tool available in the core anybody can correct the typos, but no body can help those simple webmasters being confused by bad definitions

in a short sentence IMO we should find more real testers rather than more language definitions typo-space finders.

Login

Who's Online

193 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 193

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits