Re: News 1.67 RC 1 ready for testing
  • 2012/3/22 12:51

• Boogs

• Just popping in

• Since: 2012/2/17

Hi everyone :)

Xoops 2.5.4
News 1.6.7

I tried to edit the news_block_top.html to try and properly format the block for the "recent news" block.

I thought I was somewhat savvy enough to edit HTML but sadly I was wrong :(

I got blank pages and then lots of errors and then my site no longer worked...Had to delete the created templates and go back to default...mainly I am dissapointed for not being able to sort out a bit of HTML myself...I'm not a coder but do know my way around HTML - so I thought :P

This "Recent News" block sucks big time. The list bullet sits above the content and the font size is of a different format to anything else on the site.

i'm amazed this block has remained this badly formatted for so many years lol

Anyway, After hours of dissapointment I'm asking if anyone has any fix for this problem.

I mean seriously, this is the one module that should be flawless right??

Cheers,
Boogs.

redheadedrod

The formating is likely due to your theme and NOT xoops or news related directly.

Go through your theme and its css files and you will find the formatting items.

News css is used for A LOT of diffferent things as the default so it is specifically defined in most themes. Sounds like it isn't in the theme you are using.
Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

Boogs
  • 2012/3/22 23:18

• Boogs

• Just popping in

• Since: 2012/2/17

Thanks Rod, I'm using the default theme (untouched) that comes with the core files.

So I am clear, your saying the formatting is in the css file within the news module, not the default theme's css?

Thanks in advance :)

Cheers,
Boogs.

redheadedrod

That formatting is all in the theme files... NOT in the module files.

Also, if you are using xoops 2.5 or newer then you would have to modify the templates directly. Older versions you could edit them from the system and keep copies because they were stored in the database. Since 2.5 they are no longer stored in the database but in files in the theme if you have custom templates.

The CSS tags you are looking for in the theme css file will be related to news and are used throughout most if not all modules. Somehow somewhere along the way the CSS tags for news ended up becoming the default css for all modules.

Realize that changing templates as well as the theme will require you to turn on "Check for changes" during the editing. Once you have completed you need to turn it back off for security reasons.

You also need to make sure you clear your cache directories as well since they cache the templates and theme...
Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

DCrussader

May The Source Be With You!

Shine
  • 2012/4/15 12:44

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

Quote:
News 1.67 RC 1

Please don't start merging several other modules to create a new news module.
The original News module created by Herve was and still is a great module. It 'just' needs to be updated and bug fixed.
This news module is a overall used module which shouldn't be merged with other modules, to create a new newsmodule.

Who is picking up al the test results to get this news 1.67 RC1 into a fine final running NEWS 1.67 Final module?

Mamba
  • 2012/4/15 13:13

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
Who is picking up al the test results to get this news 1.67 RC1 into a fine final running NEWS 1.67 Final module?

I'll look into it, at least to resolve bugs, so we can release it as Final.

Zyspec was looking into refactoring it to "Blue Move" level, but if Voltan is able to make his module fully compatible with "News", and the users would be able to import their News data into it, then we might be focusing on that module going forward, as it has more modern design and code. But the requirement is that the import function is fully functioning.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

david12000
  • 2012/4/28 5:13

• david12000

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/2/13

I would like to report a tip posted by blueteen on frxoops.
This tip allows the creation of start date and end date for items with the creation of block.
You can here the description in French here :
http://www.frxoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=28673&forum=45.
If you want you can see this tip in action on my website with news 1.63 : http://www.rutenescope.fr/.

in the block named "Actualités" (top right).

This is useful for managing News
It might be possible to integrate it into future releases.

Thank you.

Excuse me for my poor English.

Cesagonchu

News 1.67 RC2 and Xoops 2.5.5 :

1. Deprecated

'/class/xoopstory.php' is deprecated since XOOPS 2.5.4please create your own class instead.

'/class/xoopstopic.php' is deprecated since XOOPS 2.5.4please create your own class instead.

'/class/xoopsuser.php' is deprecated since XOOPS 2.5.4please use 'kernel/user.php' instead.

Class 'XoopsTree' is deprecatedcheck 'XoopsObjectTree' in tree.php

2. Create folders

We have to create a folder "news" in the folder "uploads" (and CHMOD 777). Not practical.

The folder '/uploads/news/' does not exist 

The folder 
'/uploads/news/file' does not exist 

The folder 
'/uploads/news/image' does not exist

3. Errors

modules/news/admin/groupperms.php

Warningarray_keys() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in file /class/xoopsform/grouppermform.php line 129

WarningInvalid argument supplied for foreach() in file /class/xoopsform/grouppermform.php line 129

WarningInvalid argument supplied for foreach() in file /class/xoopsform/grouppermform.php line 253

Warningarray_keys() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in file /class/xoopsform/grouppermform.php line 266

WarningInvalid argument supplied for foreach() in file /class/xoopsform/grouppermform.php line 266

WarningInvalid argument supplied for foreach() in file /class/xoopsform/grouppermform.php line 253

Warningarray_keys() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in file /class/xoopsform/grouppermform.php line 266

WarningInvalid argument supplied for foreach() in file /class/xoopsform/grouppermform.php line 266

Cesagonchu

Link to the version tested : news 1.67 RC2 (see previous post for bug report).

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits