JS
Upgrade Path... is there one
  • 2012/2/7 18:58

• JS

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/12/16

I have been runing xoops for many many years however for the past year and a half due to other life priorities I have had my site offline and mothballed. last month I got me a server online and restored my site and got everything working. I have taken some time and I see the xoops is all the way up to 2.5 for its version.

My qustion is this: Is there an upgrade path from my 2.0.17.1 version to the latest release? And if so what is that path? and what do I need to be aware of.... i.e. what am I going to break and is there a module compatiblility with versions list so I can make sure I am ready for any possible fallout.

Thanks!
[img align=left]http://www.theood.com/modules/roster/sig.php?name=Talric [/img]

Anonymous
Re: Upgrade Path... is there one
  • 2012/2/7 19:27

• Anonymous

• Since:

Which modules you are using now?

Mamba
  • 2012/2/7 19:36

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
My qustion is this: Is there an upgrade path from my 2.0.17.1 version to the latest release? And if so what is that path?

Yes, please read page 35 of the Installation Guide

Quote:
and what do I need to be aware of.... i.e. what am I going to break and is there a module compatiblility with versions list so I can make sure I am ready for any possible fallout.

There two areas:

1) You need PHP 5.2+

2) You need to make sure that your modules are also updated and compatible with your version of PHP and XOOPS. Just give us the list of modules you have, and we can advise you if there are any problems.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

JS
  • 2012/2/7 19:39

• JS

• Just popping in

system V1
contact Us V1
Downloads V1.1
Web Links V1.1
NewBB Forums V3.08
News V1.44
Polls V1
Myalbum-p V2.83
XooPopChat V0.14
Memberlist V1
Agenda-x V2.2
Web Stats V1 (this one is currently broke)
Even News V2.1
Protector V3.15
Xmail V1.1
userpage V1.22

Those are my current modules only one of them is not working and I know that is because of the version of PHP on the server.

JS
  • 2012/2/7 19:43

• JS

• Just popping in

Modules posted

Mamba
  • 2012/2/7 19:46

• Mamba

Most of them should be OK.

These have new versions:

contact Us V1
Downloads V1.1
Web Links V1.1
NewBB Forums V3.08
News V1.44
Polls V1
Even News V2.1
Protector V3.15

I am not sure about these:

Myalbum-p V2.83
XooPopChat V0.14
Memberlist V1
Agenda-x V2.2
Web Stats V1 (this one is currently broke)
Xmail V1.1
userpage V1.22
Support XOOPS => DONATE

JS
  • 2012/2/8 15:33

• JS

• Just popping in

So I attempted the upgrade lastnight and for the most part it went really well until I got to the end where it wanted to perform the 2.4 --> 2.5 upgrade. It looked like it performed it but when I would hit finnish it would just loop back and say that it still needed to perform the upgrade. I tried it several times and could not get past that point. So I tried to bring up my site and my site came up but I couldn't login at all. It would say thank you for logging in then loop back to the main page and I was not logged in.

Long story short I rolled everything back. and my site is back up... (yes I took backups of everything like a good little admin should)

So it appiered that all the upgrades went without issue except the last one has anyone seen this before?

and last question what are some things that I should check... I have a PHP 5.3 installed and MySQL 5.5.2, this is a windows 2008 R2 server running IIS.

Thank You!

Mamba
  • 2012/2/8 16:32

• Mamba

Quote:
So I tried to bring up my site and my site came up but I couldn't login at all. It would say thank you for logging in then loop back to the main page and I was not logged in.

Sometimes there are problems with the "sessions" table. In the moment like the above I would recommend:

- clear the cache
- using phpMyAdmin run repair of all the tables

I assume that you followed the guide regarding Protector (removing couple of lines from mainfile.php and making sure that the "trustpath" links are correct.

I would also disable all modules (in the database), to make sure there are no conflicts between old modules and the current version of XOOPS.

Once upgraded successfully, you could then enable the modules one by one and check if they work correctly.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

JS
  • 2012/2/8 16:55

• JS

• Just popping in

what about the upgrade part where it kept looping on the 2.4 --> 2.5 upgrade? everytime I would click finish it would go back to the screen where it shows all the updates and the 2.4 --> 2.5 always had a red X.. Do I need to be worreid about that?

JS
  • 2012/2/8 16:56

• JS

• Just popping in

oh yes and I did follow the instructions and cleaned up the mainfile.php lines and the trusted path information was correct as well.

Login

Who's Online

215 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 215

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits