Fork me on GitHub
Get XOOPS XOOPSXOOPS FAQFAQ ForumsForums NewsNews ThemesThemes ModulesModules
New Posts New Topics All Posts All Forums Index General Modules Themes Development International XOOPS.org

Search

Learn XOOPS Core

Donat-O-Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00

Local Support

Advertisement

XOOPS Code hosted on SourceForge

Cumulus Tag Cloud

- 2 2.5 2.6 3.0 4 6 adslight Android AntiHarvesting AntiMalUser AntiSpam API Apple Battlefield billige Blocks Bootstrap Captcha cell chronolabs CHUNG content CĂN demo docek download Dresses evden eve facebook Fat floor for free Gateway Google Guide herre Home Honeypot HP html5 Human HỘ IP iPhone jQuery Language List log Loss module modules Monster new newbb news NHÀ online PARK Payment phone PHP Prevention profile project Protector publisher Rapid RESIDENCE responsive review Rights rmcommon Room security Sentry site Smartphone Smarty Spam stem Studio support tag tdmcreate template The Theme themes User userlog weight xoops Xortify XPayment ZendFramework

New Users

Registering user

# 137764

BargainTown

Welcome to XOOPS!

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Register To Post

(1) 2 »

#1 Posted on: 2011/8/13 0:57 XOOPS moving forward
This is to let you know that DJ has resigned from the XOOPS Council.

I am happy to announce that:

- Trabis (who was in charge of XOOPS 2.4.x series)
- ForMuss (who was in charge of XOOPS 2.5.x series)
- BitC3R0 (author of the EXM fork and RMCommon utilities)

have agreed to take the lead on creating bug-free XOOPS 2.5.2, and on working together on XOOPS 2.6. We'll be also reaching out to other top developers who have been active in the past in XOOPS but left XOOPS for various reasons.

So the future for XOOPS users is assured - we have the currently top XOOPS developers (Trabis, ForMuss, BitC3R0) forming a strong team to lead us forward.

I strongly believe that the worst is behind us, and with Trabis, ForMuss, BitC3R0 we'll have finally a great team environment, where contributions from all members will be valued and appreciated.

Viva XOOPS!

Please support XOOPS & DONATE
Use 2.5.7 | Debugging | Requests | Bugs
Mamba
From Ohio, USA
Group:
Webmaster
Registered Users
Designer Group
(Show More) (Show Less)

#2 Posted on: 2011/8/13 1:33 Re: XOOPS moving forward
Very bad news for the community and the future of Xoops.
I see that we will still keep an old kernel with patches from all over.

Where is the new engine X3 ?

It would have been wiser to get the project back in the hands of its founder, until things become clearer - I must also say that the decision to Mamba has not been debated or voted by the Xoops Council, going to the against our rules and organization!

Resized Image
XooFoo.org
kris_fr
Theme Designer
Theme Designer
From Bretagne
Group:
Registered Users
(Show More) (Show Less)

#3 Posted on: 2011/8/13 1:43 Re: XOOPS moving forward
Quote:
Very bad news for the community and the future of Xoops.
I see that we will still keep an old kernel with patches from all over.

Let the Core Team discuss it and decide on it. They can clean it up, they can rewrite it, they can take a kernel from somewhere else and use it. Let's let them discuss it and present what they are planning to do.

But the first step will be to release a bug-free XOOPS 2.5.2. So any discussions about XOOPS 2.6 are premature at this moment.

Quote:
Where is the new engine X3 ?

You have to ask DJ about it. That's his project.

Quote:
I must also say that the decision to Mamba has not been debated or voted by the Xoops Council, going to the against our rules and organization!

There is nothing to be discussed or debated by the Council. They (ForMuss, Trabis, BitC3R0) are members of the Core Team. They have informed me that in case DJ resigns and walks away, they are willing to step up and ensure that XOOPS is moving forward. This is their team and their right to do so.

We all have to be very thankful to them that they are willing to do so. How teams are organized, who is leading there, is up to the team.

Kris, it's time to stop the negativity from your side. DJ resigned, it's time to move on, rebuild our community, and make it strong and team oriented again.

Viva XOOPS!

Mamba
From Ohio, USA
Group:
Webmaster
Registered Users
Designer Group
(Show More) (Show Less)

#4 Posted on: 2011/8/13 2:06 Re: XOOPS moving forward
I'm also willing to help ;).

vamptrix
Theme Designer
Theme Designer
From Belgium (Flanders)
Group:
Registered Users
Designer Group
(Show More) (Show Less)

#5 Posted on: 2011/8/13 2:48 Re: XOOPS moving forward
The reason for resign of phppp, I believe that you did not answer and made the explanation of the differences between the two existing foundations - and he was not sure that X3 would be totally to the community.

On the other hand, before you take this decision personally would have required at least that you communicate this to the council - so I repeat again, you have violated our rules and organization for your own interest

Resized Image
XooFoo.org
kris_fr
Theme Designer
Theme Designer
From Bretagne
Group:
Registered Users
(Show More) (Show Less)

#6 Posted on: 2011/8/13 3:27 Re: XOOPS moving forward
woaw, the true nature of Mamba is here !

Quote:
There is nothing to be discussed or debated by the Council.

sorry, since the council is the governance entity, it's up to it to decide, and project rules must be respected. Here Mamba changed the rule, where are back in the USSR !! such a special democracy

Quote:

So the future for XOOPS users is assured - we have the currently top XOOPS developers (Trabis, ForMuss, BitC3R0) forming a strong team to lead us forward.

with an old crappy code, it's a joke and an offense to xoops users !

anything here is irresponsible and underline only personal interests.
Mamba, the community can not trust you anymore. Game over, you have to quit.

Do synergy or die.
Marco
Home away from home
Home away from home
From Lille (France)
Group:
BANNED Users
(Show More) (Show Less)

#7 Posted on: 2011/8/13 3:41 Re: XOOPS moving forward
Marco, calm down and stay professional.

DJ has decided not to give Xoops Engine to the community. That's his right, and we respect it, even if we wish he would have made a different decision.

Quote:

before you start talking about how X3 is good, please don't forget that people who have idea about the code told DJ already that his design is not good.

Quote:
sorry, since the council is the governance entity, it's up to it to decide, and project rules must be respected.
What exactly rules have been violated? Marco, again, you're coming with baseless accusations! Please stop, or provide exact details about what you're talking about.

Mamba
From Ohio, USA
Group:
Webmaster
Registered Users
Designer Group
(Show More) (Show Less)

#8 Posted on: 2011/8/13 5:12 Re: XOOPS moving forward
Quote:

Marco wrote:

sorry, since the council is the governance entity, it's up to it to decide, and project rules must be respected.

I think the team can arrange itself without the Council, but it can only become a Xoops official team after Council approval. There is no roadmap for x2.6 as we were waiting for DJ decision. This team just wanted XOOPS to know that it was available on a worst case scenario.

"So the future for XOOPS users is assured - we have the currently top XOOPS developers (Trabis, ForMuss, BitC3R0) forming a strong team to lead us forward."
Quote:

It is not dramatic. I said this thousand times:
If we want a product able to compete with Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress we need a new XOOPS, we need X3.

I think we cannot afford to compete with this CMS's anymore. We need to focus on the current user base needs. We cannot make a new XOOPS but we can do a better XOOPS. We can follow same path XOOPS forks did, slowly improve the code and make it less crappy!

Xoops User Utilities | Xoops Search Engine | vil3/trabisdementia
trabis
Core Developer
Core Developer
From Portugal
Group:
Webmaster
Registered Users
(Show More) (Show Less)

#9 Posted on: 2011/8/13 6:09 Re: XOOPS moving forward
im a nobody

but mamba i think you should also resign....

just let trabis and others to be in charge with 2.5

i think thats the right thing to do

win win situation

I Love Xoops
noo-b
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
(Show More) (Show Less)

#10 Posted on: 2011/8/13 6:14 Re: XOOPS moving forward
Quote:
Trabis Said
Quote:
I think we cannot afford to compete with this CMS's anymore. We need to focus on the current user base needs. We cannot make a new XOOPS but we can do a better XOOPS. We can follow same path XOOPS forks did, slowly improve the code and make it less crappy!

The future of xoops doesn't appear too good if I take this quote literally.

I am still hopeful & Happy to see trabis working with core again but disappointed overall with the recent drama & outcome.

Ironic it is that there was a time when DJ did not have time for Xoops and many asked him to resign but Mamba kept supporting him & now when DJ was actually working on X3 he had to resign.

And I think its time for Mamba to resign also...

Nitin Shah
Most problems in world are result of poor communication
nmshah
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
(Show More) (Show Less)

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.