Catzwolf
Developers Please Read Me First
  • 2009/3/18 20:04

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

All developers are required to observe some protocols when posting.

To assist those who may partake with the testing process, it is advisable to give as much information regarding your module and any development information required to help with the data mining and debugging process.

To help with this I would suggest using the following template as closely as possible (this is not a requirement, but more a suggestion)

Topic Title

The topic title is important as this will let users know immediately which Module they are testing, the Version number and Development stage. This will make it easier to determine which version the community will be testing for you.

Template:
Quote:
Module Name - Version Number – D Stage

Example:

Quote:
Xoops - v4.0 – RC

Post Information

When posting information about the module for testing, it would be prudent to give as much information as possible. This will help speed up the development process and help get your module released quicker.

The following template is a suggestion, but we recommend you use the follow Information:

Module Information:

1. Module Name
2. Version number
3. Development Stage
4. Intended Audience
5. Working Description

Development Environment:

This information best describes the development environment that you have used while developing your module

1. Xoops Version:
2. Operating System
3. Apache Version
4. PHP Version
5. MySQL Version
6. IDE Tool

Test Parameters:

These specify issues that you would like testers to specifically test or areas of change from the previous version of your module. Please be as detailed as possible, the more information you can give then the more information you can expect in return.

Issues Known:

These are known issues which you would like testers to ignore during the debugging period.

Other Information

Try to provide other information that could provide helpful to you as the developer in the long run. If you module is located on SVN, then please provide the tester with the location to help with further testing.

If you wish developers to use tracking software, such as Sourceforge, Freshmeat, Google-code or even your own tracker, please provide a link to this area.

Marco
Re: Developers Please Read Me First
  • 2009/3/18 21:48

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

you'll find in the XQAS Module Checkin tool i made few months ago, few things to assist you in that task
http://www.mdxprod.com/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=2&lid=3
Do synergy or die.

Login

Who's Online

229 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 229

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits