hervet
Re: Herko is selling XOOPS.COM, domain donated to the XOOPS Project in 2004
  • 2008/8/7 7:56

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

lmfao/lmfao2 (aka Vaughan Montgomery)

You are wasting your time, I will not give you an answer because you don't deserve it.

the conclusion is quiet simple, one more time, herko coomans is trying to make money with the community and the project !

Just the facts ...

Anonymous
  • 2008/8/7 8:36

• Anonymous

• Since:

The Moderators are watching this thread carefully for the following reasons:

1. The orginal post was the user's first post. One doesn't need two brain cells to realise that the account was created solely for the purpose of starting this thread with mischievous intent. Bona-fide xoops.org users would have no need to do this.

2. Subsequent accounts have been registered solely for the purpose of posting in this thread with malicious intent.

3. It is not appropriate to use these forums for restarting old disputes with another CMS project. Both projects have moved on.

4. There is huge potential for personal abuse to develop and I have better things to do with my time than moderate personal squables. Please take your interpersonal disputes to email and stop polluting these Forums.

This thread will be moderated, and it should focus on facts and rational discussion, but personal attacks will not be tolerated.

If anyone has problems with any of this then please PM either myself or Mamba.

anthjhnsn
  • 2008/8/7 9:48

• anthjhnsn

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/1 2

Very important informations here:

--------------------------- Mamba wrote: -------------------------------------

Quote:
say it aint so herko.. say it aint so.

Unfortunately, it seems like this is true

First few facts:

1) The domain www.xoops.com has been originally purchased by Henry Torres on December 7, 2001

You can see the first entry in www.domaintools.com here from 2002-09-27

2) This domain was transferred to Herko Coomans on June 4, 2005, as you can see from:

a) Cache snapshot on Domaintools (click here)
b) xoops.com IP History (click here)

As it has been already said by other people, Herko Coomans acted at that time on behalf of XOOPS, as he was the XOOPS Project Manager. I couldn't find any official announcement about him becoming the XOOPS Project Manager, but already in July 2004 he was introducing himself to the outside world as the XOOPS Project Manager, as you can see in his message posted in this thread:

Quote:
As you might -or might not- know, I'm the XOOPS Project manager, for whatever that is worth.

3) And as you can see from the xoops.com IP History (click here), Herko transferred on August 2, 2008, the www.xoops.com to www.Sedoparking.com server, where it is listed as "For Sale" (see here)

Well, to be honest, I have a major problem if somebody, in an official positions in an organization, acquires a property (like a domain) while acting on the behalf of this organization, and then tries to sell it, instead of returning it to the organization...

Therefore, on behalf of XOOPS, I would like to ask Herko Coomans to immediately return the domain www.xoops.com to XOOPS, as it is a property of XOOPS.

Of course, we'll be glad to reimburse Mr. Coomans for any expenses related to such transfer, as well as for any past payments for keeping the domain registered.
--------------------------- /Mamba wrote -------------------------------------

MORE: why Herko's price expectation is 500 EUR from a domain without content? Simple: because the domain XOOPS.COM got a PAGERANK 8 STOLEN FROM XOOPS.ORG (redirecting the domain to xoops.org IP). The pagerank of XOOPS.COM is FAKE, but will remain PR8 still October (3 months). Is a shame... Herko, from XOOPS CEO to BLACK HAT SEO:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_hat_SEO

And remember: 500 EUR is just the start price. And of course, this is not just about money.

trabis
  • 2008/8/7 13:11

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

anthjhnsn
Quote:
MORE: why Herko's price expectation is 500 EUR from a domain without content? Simple: because the domain XOOPS.COM got a PAGERANK 8 STOLEN FROM XOOPS.ORG (after many years redirecting the domain to xoops.org)

PageRank 8 will drop to 0 in the next page rank update, relax.
If it was so linear as you say everyone would redirect their domains to google no? Well, try it, you'll be amazed with the results.

It seems the domain was bought by Herko and not by an organization so he is free to sell it (although I think this was not nice of him). There not much you can do now I fear.

I sugest whoever started this thread to take action (reAction) buying the domain and donate it to xoops.org. And be fast!

ON the other hand, I doubt xoops.com will ever have good use so 500 for it is a little to much, better give it away for free Herko.

irmtfan
  • 2008/8/7 13:37

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

nobody is free to sell a domain that belong to an organization. he do a completely illegal action.
there should be a way and we can follow some legal steps to back the domain.

this is the worst of the former chairman.

Runeher
  • 2008/8/7 14:45

• Runeher

• Module Developer

• Since: 2008/1/24

Quote:
PageRank 8 will drop to 0 in the next page rank update, relax.

Hmmm... not so sure about that... it will drop, but the domain will continue to get a lot of traffic by people typing the wrong address... but as i understand, the domain belongs to the XOOPS trademark and people wanting to buy the domain should think twice before giving away their money, as XOOPS can claim it back whenever they like... So Herko will perhaps get his money, but the new owner will loose his... These cases are not new...

howdie
  • 2008/8/7 15:04

• howdie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/8/7 1

its a shame there is some sort of advisory board with a lawyer on it who could advise in this situation... but i guess that was all just more of mambas smoke in mirrors...

Listen, unless XOOPS is trademarked in Germany... your SOL. You cant just trademark a brand in one or two countries and expect it to apply everywhere else...

Runeher
  • 2008/8/7 15:21

• Runeher

• Module Developer

• Since: 2008/1/24

ICANN RULES!

phmofr
  • 2008/8/7 18:29

• phmofr

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/24

Some information about XOOPS trademark :

Resized Image

(905195) XOOPS
(151) Date of the registration
(111) Number
(180) Expected expiration date of the registration/renewal
(171) Expected duration of the registration
(732) Name and address of the holder of the registration
Stichting Xoops

Grote Overstraat 23 B
NL-7411 JA Deventer (NL)
(812) Contracting State or Contracting Organization in the territory of which the holder has a real and effective industrial or commercial establishment
BX
(842) Legal nature of the holder (legal entity) and State, and, where applicable, territory within that State where the legal entity is organized
Foundation The Netherlands
(740) Name and address of the representative
Onel Trademarks

Postbus 5054
NL-1380 GB Weesp (NL)
(540) Mark
XOOPS
(541) Reproduction of the mark where the mark is represented in standard characters
Reproduction of the mark where the mark is represented in standard characters
(511) The International Classification of Goods and Services for the Purposes of the Registration of Marks (Nice Classification) and the list of goods and services classified according thereto

09 Software among other things for the purpose of creating websites, internal company websites, corporate portals, weblogs and similar applications.
Logiciels, entre autres, pour la création de sites Web, sites Web internes d'entreprises, portails d'entreprises, blogues et pour d'autres applications similaires.
Software de diseño de sitios Web, sitios Web internos de empresas, portales de empresas, blogs y aplicaciones similares.
35 Processing and managing of data files among other things for the purpose of intersites; managing of computer databases.
Traitement et gestion de fichiers de données, entre autres, pour intersites; gestion de bases de données informatiques.
Procesamiento y gestión de archivos de datos, entre otras cosas, para "intersites"; gestión de bases de datos informáticas.
42 Designing and developing software; offering access to software through the Internet.
Conception et développement de logiciels; fourniture d'accès à des logiciels par le biais du réseau Internet.
Diseño y desarrollo de software; provisión de acceso a software por Internet.

(821) Basic application
BX, 17.10.2006, 1121144
(822) Basic registration
BX, 23.10.2006, 809832
(300) Data relating to priority under the Paris Convention and other data relating to registration of the mark in the country of origin
BX, 17.10.2006, 1121144
(831) Designations under the Madrid Agreement
BY, CH, CN
(832) Designations under the Madrid Protocol
AU, EM, KR, NO, SG, TR, US
(527) Indications regarding use requirements
SG, US

Mamba
  • 2008/8/7 18:34

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
It seems the domain was bought by Herko and not by an organization so he is free to sell it (although I think this was not nice of him).

It was donated to XOOPS by the original owner, and transferred to Herko who was acting on behalf of XOOPS as a XOOPS Project Manager (as at that time we didn't have the XOOPS Foundation).

The intent of the original owner was NOT to sell/give it to Herko so he could make money. The intent was to give it to XOOPS, and Herko accepted it on behalf of XOOPS, therefore he cannot legally sell it, as it belongs to XOOPS and not to him.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

205 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 205

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits