Dhurgan
PHP Fatal error: Possible integer overflow in...
  • 2007/12/4 13:54

• Dhurgan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/11

Hi,

I have been running XOOPS for quite sometime now and it has been sometime since I updated since it has been working fine.
Now November 24, no changes made to server, or config or any other part of the system, php suddenly started throwing exceptions when running xoops...

these exceptions sometime give error messages of the following sort...

PHP Fatal error: Possible integer overflow in memory alloc
ation (4 * 1 + 0) in /usr/local/webroot/www.imagine3d.org/html/class/errorhandle
r.php on line 69

Its not always the same file, but its always the memory allocation that faults...

They did not exists before as I can see in logfiles.
I tried repairing the database, and even have upgraded apache and php to latest stable version of their class
(was apache 2.0.52 -> 2.0.61, php 4.1.x -> 4.4.7)
but that hasnt changed it at all, it still throws these errors

What bothers me most is that I cant find anything that has changed on the server, Solaris 9, ES4500

Anyone seen anything like this? At the php site they have seen random events like this, but simply want one to run the latest php, which I did, fault is still there.

Due to these faults, my site shows the page at times, but then other times its just blank or partly shown...

http://www.imagine3d.org

other XOOPS sites I have at same server also faults...

Has anyone had this experience and if so, how did you get around it? I am on a fairly old xoops, (2.0.9.2) I know.

/Dhurgan
/Dhurgan ...

mboyden
Re: PHP Fatal error: Possible integer overflow in...
  • 2007/12/4 14:22

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

I'm getting just the blank page. When you turn on debug mode, do you get any additional error info? Can you take one of the sites, make a copy of it and play with it some. Are you sure that your files haven't been touched somehow since 2.0.9.2 is old and has a number of security vulnerabilities? You might also try updating XOOPS. It's not too hard to do, but again, make a copy and test first.
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

Dhurgan
  • 2007/12/4 15:19

• Dhurgan

• Just popping in

try reloading a few times, suddenly the page is there...
the system itself is pretty secure, but of course, any XOOPS vulnerability might be exposed...

no files has been changed on the server, according to the server, but again, a true hacker would NOT leave such obvious tracks...

thing is, it breaks the page at times, also, with php errors on in xoops, some pages give hundreds of errors regarding the way XOOPS handles variables...

I can turn it on so you can see, the system is broken anyway now...
/Dhurgan ...

Catzwolf
  • 2007/12/4 15:26

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

I would either suggest that you increase your memory limit on your server via php.ini (ie from 8 to 16 meg) or do memory check to test that the memory is not faulty.

Catz

Dhurgan
  • 2007/12/4 15:30

• Dhurgan

• Just popping in

memory limit is 128Mb at the moment...
system has 12Gb
but I will check the memory, the system has correctable memory and would only stop if it had multiple bit errors on a byte, it logs all occurences of single ones which it does correct
/Dhurgan ...

Zaphod
  • 2007/12/4 21:37

• Zaphod

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/4/17

Is it only PHP based program having problems or are other programs having problems also? To me it sounds like you might be having integer math problems in the CPU. Do you have any diagnostics for the CPU?

Regards
Terry.

Dhurgan
  • 2007/12/5 7:31

• Dhurgan

• Just popping in

Well, its a twelve CPU system, and none of them has reported any errors...

Basically its PHP code that fails... even the reinstall of it fails at times due to this error...

Its a Sun Enterprise 4500 running Solaris 9 and it reports no faults at all at the moment... has been running fine for five years with patching and reboots at times.

so its probably not XOOPS anyway, its probably somethign in the system
/Dhurgan ...

Dhurgan
  • 2007/12/17 22:26

• Dhurgan

• Just popping in

Ok, found the trouble...
One of the twelve CPU's in the system had a bit fualt in bit 2 of its integer calculations... with that CPU off, it works flawlessy again...

The CPU doesnt show any errors during testing, but the fault dissapears completely with that one off.
/Dhurgan ...

Login

Who's Online

159 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 159

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits