kc0maz
Re: Community Coordination Team
  • 2007/7/2 16:53

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/18

Quote:

mboyden wrote:

The team's first priority is to get a bug-fix/security-release out for both branches. Then to look at the 2.0.x/2.2.x merge issues and setup a plan for that forward movement.
>snip<

And my other focus is on providing code!

Finally, someone gets it! We want you to have the time to provide code and fix the bugs. We do not want you wasting time trying to find out what server software they are running or php version they have. Let us get that information and present all information to you in one nice neat little package.

Once you get it, then we the coordinators and the community want it fixed, correctly and quickly.

Two weeks without a bug fix, and the user or customer has gone somewhere else.
Some dream of success, while others wake up and work for it.
--unknown

kc0maz
  • 2007/7/2 19:55

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/18

I am moving to this thread it more appropriate for the time being.

Quote:

web-M wrote:
Well maybe the best way to moderate a site like XOOPS.org is indeed an autonomous and independant moderation team.
Such a team can moderate without the influence of any team or group.
They only have to look over that the etiquettes of XOOPS.org are respected in the fora and comments.

I also can imagine that this job is enough for people to manage.

Ideally this is how it would work. the moderators would continue doing what they are doing, as that can be a full time job..

The coordinators would be grabbing these issues that just seem not to get fixed and get them to the people who can fix them. The coordinators will kill spam, temper hot debates,etc. in the course of their job, to assist the moderators. The coordinator will be following the same rule for moderating as the moderators do.

In return, if a moderator comes across an issue that is, just not getting fixed, and wants to take ownership of it, we encourage them to do so, we are not going to stand in the way. Just follow the process that has been laid out.

There is this little thing out there called mutual aid. If for some reason the moderators get a sudden jump in the work load, they can come to the coordinators and ask for some help. Coordinators will already have the proper access, and know the rules. It also works the other way where the coordinators can ask the moderators for help if things start getting out of hand. Normally such help would be for a short time, a week or two, not months or years on end.

The moderators don't have a leader, they said they don't need one. As part of the coordination team. I would be their leader, It would be my job to defend their actions to the community and to the administration. As their leader, I am responsible for their actions.

I agree the jobs of moderating and coordination are two different jobs, we work with the same people, the user or customers, and we the same end in mind. To take care of the XOOPS customers, quickly, so they will continue to use Xoops.
Some dream of success, while others wake up and work for it.
--unknown

Northern
  • 2007/7/3 6:29

• Northern

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/12/26

Quote:

Our tasks will be:
1 responsible for daily administrative jobs
2 help users to contact corresponding teams upon their requests
3 help users to understand and use XOOPS correctly
4 help users to use the XOOPS official sites properly

Please explain in detail...

This way, there is no more ( I dont understand ).

Now, I dont mind being a mod, or anywhere in that place, but when it comes to the core code's and such, im not the person to go to. Ill help with what I can and know about. but from there I send the person to some one i think, or know that knows.

Ive read 2 topics with this title in it, and Im still alittle confused about what realy is needed from this team.

I understand the fustration from some members and part of the Challanges & changes in Xoops, even in my tightly strechted time line.

Marc.

sailjapan

Hi Northern.
Sounds like you're the type of person who would suit Community Coordination pretty well, actually.
I'm not a code expert either, but I think I'm good at tracking down and introducing people who are.

In this job (it feels like a job, and my RL boss might start complaining soon) the first two of the four points you quoted are maybe explained reasonably well here.
The third and fourth point I too am a little blurry on, but through our work in the first two tasks, we should be able to enable the improvement in the overall efficiency of the official site from an end user's point of view too.

Meaning: if it becomes apparent that a significant number of users don't know where to find 'X', it should come to our attention and we would consider it as good as a request. Maybe Team 'Y' could change something that would make 'X' more visible or accessible.

Similarly, if customers find themselves posting stuff in the wrong places too often, maybe the problem is that the forum is inelegantly described, or that the procedure is unclear. Again, a job for the Community Coordination team.

Basically, it's up to us to learn the way that the whole XOOPS community (devs, customers, sites etc.) works, and make sure that as many other people can understand it too.

As far as I see it, that is

Crip
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

Northern
  • 2007/7/3 8:10

• Northern

• Just can't stay away

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
big white screen and all it said was..............

Quote:
db connection failed.

LOL
figures.

And I had such a good post.....

sailjapan,

Thanks for the reply.

Most of it clarified what i needed to know, but i still have some question.
like...

with all the information we get anout needed changes, these should be taken to the teamleader, should these collect threw out the month till the monly meetings?
should they be shared with the other team members?
or would that be in the meetings to?
And what about the monthly meetings? locations, times, ect.

davidl2
  • 2007/7/3 8:16

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Shame theres no one to look after the servers now

Northern
  • 2007/7/3 8:26

• Northern

• Just can't stay away

All i know is i didnt do it,

I think....

LOL

davidl2
  • 2007/7/3 8:38

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

Well - James has gone now - so ... I hope it doesn't die while people are still debating about the same thing that was agreed on over 8 months ago in regards to the site redesign!!

Otherwise we'd be on the new, stress tested servers by now - and we wouldnt have this problem!

sailjapan

@northern.

(always copy before hitting the submit button I feel your pain)

mate, we're 24/7 here (slight exaggeration for humor's sake, but not so far from the truth).

Personally speaking, and bearing in mind that we don't have our official workspace yet, when I find something that I think might need our attention I post a comment here on the forums where I know other team members will see it. I mention what I've seen and what I've done about it or propose to do.

See here for an example.

I think that this is the best way to see if anyone else has any input on the matter, and if the team leader thinks our action is or is not required, he can say there for all to see.

We're open here

Like I said a little above, we don't have any workspace other than here at the moment. So what needs saying all gets said here. I kind of hope our official workspace (when it arrives) will be somewhat similar to this, but with the added tools of a ticketing system so that we can track projects more clearly. Still open, of course.

Crip
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

davidl2
  • 2007/7/3 8:42

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

Quote:

sailjapan wrote:

Personally speaking, and bearing in mind that we don't have our official workspace yet, when I find something that I think might need our attention I post a comment here on the forums where I know other team members will see it. I mention what I've seen and what I've done about it or propose to do.

The established moderator team could have sorted this out for you in minutes

The XoopsInfo team could also sort it out in the same time.

How come you don't have a workspace sorted?

Login

Who's Online

171 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 171

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits