mjz55
Is it possible to Change permissions from group to single user
  • 2007/6/7 12:09

• mjz55

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2007/1/18

Right now I installed RM+Soft Gallery, it allows me to set a group to allow uploading. Is there any way or place to tweek the module to allow a user instead of a whole group?

The only other module that will let me do that is gallery 2.1 and I cannot get it to work.

kurak_bu
Re: Is it possible to Change permissions from group to single user
  • 2007/6/7 16:35

• kurak_bu

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/9/5 1

i think simple solution is:
create a new group and assign just one user there, next set permissions to new-one-person-group

mjz55
  • 2007/6/8 2:01

• mjz55

• Quite a regular

Yea, thanks. I figured I could do that but with over 200 user names I'd have that many groups. It would just be nice to tweek a module.

mboyden
  • 2007/6/8 2:47

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

The question I'm asking at this point, is why do you need 200+ one person groups? What is the design constraint that makes that the issue?
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

carpino
  • 2007/6/8 2:59

• carpino

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/20

i think it'll be better if you explain a little bit more what exactly you need to get done. When i first read your post, the solution i thought of was given by kurak_bu already....

mjz55
  • 2007/6/8 12:41

• mjz55

• Quite a regular

A couple image modules use folders and sub folders. For read, download, print, and upload you can assign different user groups to allow or not allow to do those things.

I would like to allow a single user instead of a group to each sub folder. I know XOOPS gallery 2.1 allows that but I cannot install it. It installs differently beause it is pretty intense of an album.

So, I was wondering if there is any way to tweek any of the albums IE: my album or RM+Soft, to change from group permissions to user permissions. I want certain specific users to have upload capability to just their specific sub-folder.

I will have lots of subfolders within the main folders. This would give me way too many groups to allow just a user to a specific sub folder. I know XOOPS can handle it but it is a bit too many groups for my taste.

kurak_bu
  • 2007/6/8 13:20

• kurak_bu

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/9/5 1

did you try xcgal ?
it provides albums for each user, i dont remember exactly how it is done, but you can try it

mboyden
  • 2007/6/8 14:19

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

xcgal (based on an older version of Coppermine) would need to be modified to some degree. I've used it and made some modifications to it and you can read my personal notes. Currently, there is one upload area for batches, and if given permission to access it, you have access to the entire folder tree from that location.

However, xcgal users can upload several pictures (4 currently) at a time, but not a large set of them like with Shutterfly.

The XOOPS community does need this module capability (just like we could use a better media module like WebShow). I haven't yet had a chance to try re-installing xoopsGallery (the Gallery port to XOOPS) due to other client work and I know that the installation is different and somewhat complicated, although I hear that it works.

If you haven't already, take a look at myAlbum-P by GIJoe, xsGallery (I haven't looked at it yet). There are also others that I personally disqualified earlier: eXTGallery (I think it's no longer being developed) and RM+ Gallery which has a lot of hard-coded stuff in Spanish.

Good luck!
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

mjz55
  • 2007/6/8 19:03

• mjz55

• Quite a regular

Gallery for XOOPS I think is real cool. Just a ***** to get it working for non real experienced people like me. I have it installed on another web site that I had a guy install for me. I am still trying to install for myself on another web site that I'm playing with. I had problems with "chown". I have no clue how to do it and finally had my server people do the chown for me, so hopefully when I get the chance, I can try to install gallery again. I think gallery does a real lot and is a sweet module but very hard and complicated to install if you are a novice person like me. I thought I tried XC Gal and it didn't do what I wanted.

Mboyden, I think that gallery is that module and if only it would be loadable like all the others.

mjz55
  • 2007/7/3 11:49

• mjz55

• Quite a regular

I finally got Gallery to work. It is a nice module, however very large. If you need a picture module with lots of options, it is the one!

Login

Who's Online

153 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 153

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits