pekki
Help
  • 2007/1/6 11:46

• pekki

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/3 1

Hello guys...
We are having some troubles with our XOOPS site...
First of all, we don't know how to change our copyright footer... No, we don't want to delete, we just want to change that Copyright 2005 Your Company into something of our choice.

Second problem is that we would like to change the color of a nickname which is barely seen because of the background which is too alike... An image is here:
http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=problemisj0.jpg

And the third problem is, for example, when someone reads the topic that is hot, go at some other site, get back to ours it is still shown as hot although he has read it five minutes ago... Please help us solve our problems... Thanks in advance :)

Quest
Re: Help
  • 2007/1/6 13:31

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

The footer info is probably in one of two or maybe both of these locations:

administration/system/preferences/meta tags and footer

and

check your theme.html

Scroll to bottom of theme.html to see if it is also hard coaded into the theme.

Can't see your screenshot, all I get is a little frog.
Nickname is probably linked to the user so you should be able to change that in your theme style.css. For active link a and hover a:hover but that will change most all link colors. You will have to look in your source code to find the style class or id for the area where the Nickname is displayed to determine where in the style.css to make the color change.

No idea on ?#3.

HTHs
Quest

pekki
  • 2007/1/6 14:19

• pekki

• Just popping in

pekki
  • 2007/1/6 15:48

• pekki

• Just popping in

Guys, come on help... My version is 2.0.13
THe theme for forum is defualt... If it is a no go, could you at least tell me how I can safely update to a newer one?

jensclas

Quote:
Guys, come on help...
A tip for you: why doesn't anyone answer my post

Your post is buried in a title 'help' - most who can help you will likely bypass it.

Another tip - use search - how to upgrade XOOPS - but you can also get this my going to 'home' and clicking on 'get the latest XOOPS version' here

Then there is the need to back up your site first, (instructions also in FAQ) and read and follow the read me instructions before doing the upgrade. Once you have upgraded your XOOPS you probably also need to upgrade your 'forum' but since you do not identify the version of that module we cannot help. If you expect full help from this community please read the 'read before you post' link below. To find the latest forum module you can simply type it's name into search. The most recent posts about it will be listed first - among them a link to the lastest release.

Quote:
And the third problem is, for example, when someone reads the topic that is hot, go at some other site, get back to ours it is still shown as hot although he has read it five minutes ago... Please help us solve our problems... Thanks in advance :)

This may be related to other posts about read markers not working - try looking those up.

In a nutshell - you may have more success by
1. Taking the time to do some reading and searching of your own - many things are already asked and answered here.
2. Post specific topics in appropriate forums - ie - your question 2 in theme help and your question 3 in module help.
Good luck

Login

Who's Online

190 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 190

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits