Anonymous
Re: Please read if you are having trouble using/installing XOOPS.
  • 2004/4/10 18:23

• Anonymous

• Since:

This looks like a good room to ask for help!

Listen!
I have recently purchased a Domain & Hosting, both
are fully active, but from differnet companies, and i need to link the domain to the hosting server, even though there is no site on the server for it to link to, do i use an ip address?

And I need help on getting XOOPS onto my webserver.

Just to let you know i got my domain here
and my hosting here

carnuke
  • 2004/4/10 18:40

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

max100

amongst the numerous emails you will of had from surpass one will have their nameservers ns.---------- and ns.---------- WHEN you site is up and ready go to your domain agaent and look for DNS /nameservers setup or whatever. Assuming your XOOPS site is installed in the root of your webspace, enter both ns numbers in the appropriate forms. They may also ask for your ip or web address as well. Now allow 24-48 hours for the DNS to propagate. Your temporary address of "http://xx.xxx.xx.xxx/~username" will be changed for your domain name.

If you want to get XOOPS installed easily go to your cpanel and look for scripta icon (a penguin) click this and you will find XOOPS listed.

Richard

Anonymous
  • 2004/4/10 19:22

• Anonymous

• Since:

There is nothing in my domain control panel about DNS numbers, all it has is 'Redirection Address' that must be typed in the formathttp://blah blah blah!.com.

However, with surpass, i got an email saying:
Temporary Web Path:http://66.194.238.158/~safclan/
(until your domain name resolves, use this link to access your site)

shall i type in 'http://66.194.238.158/~safclan/ ' into the Redirection Address in my domain control panel?

Well, i did, and this is what happend: 'http://66.194.238.158/~safclan/ ' turned into www.safclan.co.uk which was what i planned to do.

Now! if this is all ok and working, whats the next step to install XOOPS into the host. And by the way i noticed that Scrpta has an OLD version of xoops, so i want to upload XOOPS another way.

p.s. CARNUKE! DO YOU HAVE AN MSN EMAIL?
please add me now: matthewvenceslau@hotmail.com
and you can help me personally how to set it up, please!

trinilynn
  • 2005/1/6 2:35

• trinilynn

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/1 1

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................

I am far from a net virgin lol.... but it is the first time I am using XOOPS and I do find that everyone takes things for granted when dealing with newbies.

I have ploughed through fax and searches and basically, I have problems with stupid simple things that you'all take for granted.. same thing happens when I contact my sever administrator...

There are a hell of a lot of people out here that are not internet stoopid BUT have just not ever got their heads round websites and code. Part of the proiblen is that whe they ever ask questions they get answers that are totally unitelligible..

Xoops is an excellent interface.. but to be honest, I only got on with it because I had been previously messing around with php. To the average punter.. XOOPS would be totally daunting.. which leads me to ask.. do you all create site developments to be only accessible to web cognisants ...

I wonder.....

trini

rowdie
  • 2005/1/6 3:10

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

You've found the FAQ's, but have you also seen the documentation? Click on the links under the documentation heading in the left column...

And you can always ask directed questions on the forums here, there's always someone willing to explain further. Especially to people who have done a search first

Rowd

atrevh
  • 2006/7/10 16:34

• atrevh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/10

Hi to everyone,
I just signed in here, this looks great. HEHE, I think its a good Idea to read FAQ first, but, some people like me, sometimes are just a little impulsive, hehehe.
Sorry aboout my english.

Question, It's ok to put my webpage on my sig file?

ok. bye.

jensclas

Quote:
Question, It's ok to put my webpage on my sig file?

Yes it is provided it is text and not image. You can check up on our ettiquette by reading 'xoopsiquette' which you will find on the all about XOOPS page. HTH

ekickers
Transfering to a different server
  • 2006/11/21 9:02

• ekickers

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/11/21

How can I transfer to different database without losing any more my files and memebers?

[size=x-small]Mod note: Double post removed - and you may find this question would have been better asked and answered in a more appropriate forum and thread - Please read the 'read before you post' notice at the beginners forum. I have also changed the subject so you are not shouting at us. Jen[/size]

jensclas
Re: Transfering to a different server

Please look at the FAQ's - there is information on how to transfer a site in there.

Bender
  • 2006/11/21 20:15

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

/note to self: add a rule about not digging up old threads into next Xoopsiquette edition

How do I move my site from one server to another?

One of the important things is which sql version is used on site a and site b?

As Jen said though either jumping into one of the existing threads about this (there are some lying around ...) or opening a new one might be a good idea.

Actually ... lets turn the key on this one. See you all in the next thread(s).
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Login

Who's Online

251 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 251

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits