Darsch
Installing Xoops on Windows
  • 2006/4/14 8:09

• Darsch

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/14

Hello!
Sorry if I probably post a known issue, but I've passed the latest hours in try to search a solution in this forum, but without success... so here I'm.

Well, Subject says it: I'm having a lot of trouble installing XOOPS on a Windows 2003 server.
Due to the impossibility of CHMOD the mainfile.php, I've tried to install it locally on my Apache server. All goes very well, XOOPS succesfully installed and running. So I've dumped all the database and I've copied on the MySQL online server. I've uploaded a fresh copy of XOOPS into my webspace (Win 2003), I've changed all database and paths informations in mainfile.php, and tried to access Xoops... this is what I get after having turned on the debug mode:

http://www.jojoxserie.net/index.php

Am I forgotting some crucial configuration parameters maybe in the xoops_config table? Or the "dump > update mainfile.php" should be enough to have XOOPS running?

I really hope I'll not be forced to change portal system... I really like very much Xoops...

Thanks for any kind of help you'll give me...
Darsch.

EDIT: Forgot to say:
PHP Version: 4.4.1
MySQL Version: 5.0.19

phppp
Re: Installing Xoops on Windows
  • 2006/4/14 9:02

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

It looks like template_c is not configured as writable

Darsch
  • 2006/4/14 9:15

• Darsch

• Just popping in

Quote:

phppp wrote:
It looks like template_c is not configured as writable

Ye ... probably you're right ... but I cannot modify any CHMOD property, since it is a Windows based server...
Should I give up?

Jan304
  • 2006/4/14 12:05

• Jan304

• Official Support Member

• Since: 2002/3/31

If you have manually modified mainfile.php and let the installer install the database, everything should be allright.

Try making the folders cache, uploads and templates_c writeable by doing the following thing:
Open Explorer and navigate to your XOOPS installation - Rightclick on the folder en choose properties.

Then select the "security" tab. Press "Add" and enter the user your Apache installation is running under. If you no ideo who this is, try "Everybody" (This IS a security risk!) - then press "Check name" to make sure the user exists.

Press ok and the user is added. Now click on the user name you have added, and check the "write" permission box in the "Allow" column

Press ok and try again. Now things should be writeable.
Oracle: I'd ask you to sit down, but, you're not going to anyway. And don't worry about the vase.
Neo: What vase?
[Neo turns to look for a vase, and as he does, he knocks over a vase of flowers, which shatters on the floor.]
Oracle: That vase.
Neo:...

Darsch
  • 2006/4/14 12:58

• Darsch

• Just popping in

Quote:

Open Explorer and navigate to your XOOPS installation - Rightclick on the folder en choose properties.
[...]

I can't access to folders or security privileges, 'cause the webspace is external, not in my computer. I can access it only via FTP, and so I think I cannot modify readable/writable properties... :(

msdana
  • 2006/4/14 13:14

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Darsch,

Check the admin section of your control panel for security permissions. I'm on a Windows server and Ensim lets me change file/folder permissions.

HTH

Dana
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

Darsch
  • 2006/4/14 13:24

• Darsch

• Just popping in

It seems I've solved the problem...

I've moved the cache, templates_c and uploads folders into the "public" folder (the only one that is writable in a Win2003 Server webspace), inside the sub-folder "xoops". Then I modified these line in include/common.php:

define("XOOPS_CACHE_PATH", XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."/cache");
define("XOOPS_UPLOAD_PATH", XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."/uploads");
define("XOOPS_COMPILE_PATH", XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."/templates_c");
define("XOOPS_UPLOAD_URL", XOOPS_URL."/uploads");

into:

define("XOOPS_CACHE_PATH", XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."/public/xoops/cache");
define("XOOPS_UPLOAD_PATH", XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."/public/xoops/uploads");
define("XOOPS_COMPILE_PATH", XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."/public/xoops/templates_c");
define("XOOPS_UPLOAD_URL", XOOPS_URL."/public/xoops/uploads");

Et voila'! All is fully functional! ^__________^

However there are some PHP notice, like these:

Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file functions.php line 491
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file functions.php line 491
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file mysqldatabase.php line 239
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file mysqldatabase.php line 239
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file cp_functions.php line 57

Any suggestion?

Jan304
  • 2006/4/14 20:45

• Jan304

• Official Support Member

• Since: 2002/3/31

Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file functions.php line 491
Notice 
[PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file functions.php line 491
Notice 
[PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file mysqldatabase.php line 239
Notice 
[PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file mysqldatabase.php line 239
Notice 
[PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file functions.php line 491
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
[PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file cp_functions.php line 57

These are PHP5 errors. Just ignore them and disable php debug. It are just notices and do not affect the working of your system.
Oracle: I'd ask you to sit down, but, you're not going to anyway. And don't worry about the vase.
Neo: What vase?
[Neo turns to look for a vase, and as he does, he knocks over a vase of flowers, which shatters on the floor.]
Oracle: That vase.
Neo:...

Login

Who's Online

182 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 182

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits