toddherrold
"no valid security token found in session" when posting comments.

Does anyone have any advice for possible solutions to the "no valid security token found in session" error when posting comments. I thought the bug was for comments specific to a given module, but it turns out it's happening site-wide. My site also gets lots of invalid submission with CBB but at least CBB allows you to re-submit, so after re-submitting 5 or 6 times, it usually takes.

Am I the only one with this problem? There are a few posts regarding this message but not a whole lot of responses. I am unfamiliar with how the token security system works. The primary area now where people get this error is in the newest version of xcgal on XOOPS 2.2.3 Final. I didn't have this problem until I upgraded to 2.2.3 Final, though I am glad I did because it resolved other 2.2.x issues I was having.

Can anyone offer some advice? I've tried deleting all sessions from the dbase, updatings the system module, increasing and decreasing customer session time, turning customer sessions on/off, etc. to no effect.

This is killing my site.

toddherrold
Re: "no valid security token found in session" when posting comments.

I think I made a discovery: This is generally happening much more often with Firefox 1.5 than Internet Explorer (IE).

terrion
  • 2006/1/1 18:11

• terrion

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/9/19

I've had this happen several times and for me it seems to be when I'm taking too long constructing a post.

So far XOOPS has returned me to the editor with the full text of the message I'm trying to post intact and I've been able to just post again and it works.

I'm starting to develop a habit of pressing ctrl-a, ctrl-c to copy the contents of the post to the clipboard before attempting to post but that is a bit unreliable too.
Terrion
Purchase, renew, or transfer your domain name to Ultranet Domains and get a FREE 10GB hosting account. Virtual Dedicated Servers around $35/monthly, no contract. FREE 24/7 telephone ...

toddherrold

thanks for your response. Yes, that had always happened periodically when taking too long on a post. I think the custom sessions in the system preferences should take care of that for the most part. This no security token error is persistent and doesn't seem to be influenced by length of time on the post. . .But yes, now I and all my users ctrl a, ctrl c each time we post something significant.

perhol
  • 2006/1/9 19:21

• perhol

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/11

In 2.2.3 Final I have experienced the problem both with PM and CBB.

I have no idea what causes the problem, but I fgrep-ed for functions that has to do with token and found this in function createToken in class/xoopssecurity.php

if ($timeout == 0) {

$timeout intval($GLOBALS['xoopsConfig']['session_expire']) * 60//session_expire is in minutes, we need seconds

if ($timeout == || $timeout 1000) { //if timeout is still zero - or a very large value

$timeout 60*60//set timeout to 60 minutes

}
}

So if $GLOBALS['xoopsConfig']['session_expire'] is in minutes and converted to seconds and found to be greater than 1000 sec (16min, 40sec) it is set to 3600 sec (60 min).

I don't know exactly how the code is called but it seams like the session timeout can be set to any value below 1000 sec. Any value greater than 1000 sec sets the session timeout to 3600 sec.

Am I right and could this have anything to to with it?

mlw4428
  • 2006/1/9 20:37

• mlw4428

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/2 2

If I'm reading this right it appears that the timeout is 1 hour. So either I'm wrong or your message is taking more than an hour to complete (like you've walked away from your computer for a bit).

toddherrold

hmmm. i definitely think it's on the right track, but the token error I consistently get happens regardless of the amount of time taking to place the post. It can happen on a 10 minute post or a couple of seconds. . . It's almost like the sessions are irrlevant.

nachenko
  • 2006/4/28 12:59

• nachenko

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/1/18

Same problem here with XOOPS 2.2.3. It happens even to new users trying to register.

pinchecl
  • 2006/4/28 13:34

• pinchecl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/4/22

Same problem here but found out it doesn't happen with short messages, just with longer ones (longer as in more then 1 line)
Welcome tohttp://www.skinnalicious.net
http://fabricandfelt.com
http://www.pinchetti.com

petkove
  • 2006/6/5 20:49

• petkove

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/7 2

and you figured what out?
that you have to live with it?
... it is not good! :) ok. i will figure it out, but i'm surprised that no-one cares about an issue like this.

Login

Who's Online

197 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 197

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits