Dave_L
Re: date problem
  • 2005/12/28 20:31

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

killertomato:

The server clock might be set to GMT+9, regardless of where the server is physically located.

I posted a script here for checking that.

The date/time displayed also depends on the time zone selected in your user profile.

And date/times in cached content are displayed using the time zone setting for the last user to cause the cache to be refreshed.

killertomato

Thanks Dave_L,

Hmm, that's sort of what I throught > server set to GMT+9
However, it's still a half day ahead.
(I tried your script, it displayed the local time and "+0900", which is correct because I'm using a server in Japan.)

I didn't quite understand what you meant by saying "The date/time displayed also depends on the time zone selected in your user profile.". Sorry, I'm a newbie to XOOPS so I couldn't fine it anywhere in preference. Please advice.

JamesSAEP
  • 2006/1/6 17:56

• JamesSAEP

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/28

1. Go into Preferences Main »» General Settings and set your correct settings for your server and your default time zones.

2. Go into the module administration for "Extended Profiles" -> Fields, then edit the "Time Zone" and change the default to where your located. Also make this visible for your users to change.

Go into your profile and change your setting to where ever you are.

The 2nd step is what corrected my problem as the "Time Zone" was made by default to not be visible for changing and set to GWT 0.

killertomato

Wow, what can I say. It's fixed! Thank you so so much!!

JamesSAEP
  • 2006/1/6 22:26

• JamesSAEP

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/28

Glad it worked. :)

Login

Who's Online

91 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 91

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits