netwize
Letter to Santa Claus
  • 2002/11/12 3:06

• netwize

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/1/20

user profile:

xpanded user profile page into a personal page with upload and wysiwyg editor for user to build their profile page. connect them to others user pages and have it be searchable. perhaps have stats on hits and ranking on user page. .. got more but start with these first

mylinks:

1. have editor choice flagged (with icon), so it can be display first on the list of that category
2. keyword field and be searchable

I have been good this year .. Santa!!!

[edit]

3. i would like a block to display those editors choice

[/edit]

Eddo
Re: Letter to Santa Claus
  • 2002/11/12 6:38

• Eddo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/6 3

hmm??

Kenegan
  • 2002/11/12 14:40

• Kenegan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/2 1

Not sure what the was about in the last post - as those ideas seem top to me.

I've been using another Nuke fork (myPHPNuke) and attempting to do the same for sometime. I've managed a partial rehash of the format of the user page and added the ability to upload a 'home' image as well as provided limited general image upload... but I have a great deal more work to do.

As it stands, I can't think why ANYONE would want to visit anyone else's user page with the current format in the various Nukes - including XOOPS.

The 'Editors Choice' seems good too - and could probably be managed quite easily. Perhaps add an extra field with either a 1 or a 0 in it. Have the 1 for Editor's Choice and then sort the list of links DESC in the SQL query for the list? Something like that.

draken
  • 2002/11/12 14:52

• draken

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/2/1 1

it's will be a cool module...

Boobtoob
  • 2002/11/12 17:08

• Boobtoob

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2001/12/22

Quote:
Not sure what the was about in the last post - as those ideas seem top to me.

These messages are meant to boost his rankings?

netwize
  • 2003/7/29 7:28

• netwize

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/1/20

bumperitis!!!

mvandam
  • 2003/7/29 8:00

• mvandam

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/2/7 2

Regarding the customizable user page... while I think this would be nice for some sites, I don't think it belongs in the core. e.g. A corporate site that uses XOOPS probably has no desire to let users have their own homepages and is mainly interested in posting their own content for their customers. To me, the current homepage is useful enough as is for looking up contact info and searching for old posts (when you remember the author but not the thread title). As was suggested, I think a module would be the way to go for this. I don't know if such a thing exists, but perhaps you could use a wiki module in the meantime to provide customizable user homepages.

Just my 0.02

Sheeoni
  • 2004/5/5 15:09

• Sheeoni

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/3 1

I am looking for something very similar to what was requested here... something even perhaps not as advanced, but allowing some user input to be posted in a pre-determined layout. Just so it is not the basic user information page. I haven't been able to figure out how to find something like this, could anyone please tell me if there is anything available? Thank you!!

Login

Who's Online

181 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 181

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits