m0nty
Re: Whats going on with XOOPS
  • 2005/5/25 19:36

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

@Damaster

can u 'consider' your limitations here too? like cross posting for 1, you said the same thing in the other thread. and your philosophies are meaningless to many as we aren't discussing philosophy.. every statement you seem to make is a direct repeat of previous, yet you don't seem to actual take in that the XOOPS management have and are listening, things are on the go & management is being restructured, you want it open discussion?? blah.. open discussion regarding management gets you absolutely nowhere when people like you keep posting and copy/pasting the same things over and over again.. which is why some things need to be discussed in private.

we've already read that thread, which was posted many times by a few people, and now you have to post the same link again (not once but twice) and for what reason? do we have to all start over again with this discussion from the beginning and repeat everything like a record going round and round.

if you have a point to make SAY IT, and say it directly.. no riddles, no philosophy, and no rhymes.. just speak your point and make it clear otherwise, y will anybody waste the time discussing it with you? just my opinion from a somewhat tired of reading member!!

Dave_L
  • 2005/5/25 19:47

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Damaster, your metaphor doesn't fit.

We're not hiring managers and "bean counters" from outside to solve non-existent problems.

1) There are already lots of talented people around here.

2) The organization is being revised to allow those people to utilize their talents more productively within the XOOPS organization, so that recognized issues in XOOPS can be addressed.

ilivanov
  • 2005/5/25 19:54

• ilivanov

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/28

What's going on with the roadmap 2.2 writter, or the whole dev team....

What for I created the translation, just for fun - yeah, u're right, if I remove the translations, and build any new to the 2.1 and upcoming 2.2, what will happend, u will say nothing - we have to loose between 1000-2000 stupid bulgarian users, ok than, remove the bulgarian translations from this site immediately, I will release them with separately build of XOOPS, things going smell, wtf u're trying to do, the same shit happend and with the guys who covers and provide support for e107, u have to equal all countrys, or u will get lost, Arabic, Chinese (Tradition/Simplified), Czech, Dutch, no Bulgarian, no Turkish, interesting, very interesting.

damaster
  • 2005/5/26 0:54

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/11

@ monty, Dave_L

Quote:
can u 'consider' your limitations here too?

I didn't wait both of you to join XOOPS and let me know why
not object oriented nor multi-etc or the new slogan:

Xoops v2.++
Powered by one man show
if you Make the Point, Twice !

But, like any other user? YES.

Maybe there's still something pissing you off because of the lack...
that you already know !? Don't you agree

I was waiting as many people who moved to another project here?
not for an ergonomic clonage of mambo with some XOOPS api...
But did you read it and understand why?
Yep, maybe you're not blind and you said it right: it's a waste of time!

I'm out !
I like people more than machines or money. But that's me!
Lets do something good and great: Lets do open source!

phppp
  • 2005/5/26 3:40

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Quote:

Herko Coomans wrote:

This has nothing to do with XOOPS not being taken seriously or not, but everything with available resources. IMHO. AT the moment, I'm really busy with work and the preparations of my upcoming wedding. I put about 70% of my free time into XOOPS (used to be close to 90%). I don't have all the skills, and could really use some help. Mithrandir, Carnuke, Wtravel, Ackbarr all have taken part of the job, as had Predator.

Herko

Herko, I know you are extremely busy at this moment.

I am not criticizing you on purpose but you are considered as the current XOOPS lead manager and
the more love the more expect

For around 8 months, I have been spending 95% (if not 100%) spare time on XOOPS. In the last few months it is even full time.

I know it is impossible for me to keep a long period in such status and I begin to feel tired about something, hope not XOOPS.

Since the topic has been discussed too much and it is getting off-topic, the forum moderator, please close the topic for me -- asked by the original author of the topic.

Feel free to open new topics if anyone has more interest.

Herko
  • 2005/5/26 15:06

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Quote:

phppp wrote:
I am not criticizing you on purpose but you are considered as the current XOOPS lead manager and
the more love the more expect

I know, and if you are critisizing me on purpose, that is ok, as long as you keep it respectful and with good argumentation. So if you have points you'd like to see improved, changed etc., you know where to find me

Quote:
For around 8 months, I have been spending 95% (if not 100%) spare time on XOOPS. In the last few months it is even full time. I know it is impossible for me to keep a long period in such status and I begin to feel tired about something, hope not XOOPS.
It keeps amazing me how many people give so much time to something that is basically nothing more then a website and a number of files. It's something really special I think, something that is definately dynamic and uncontrollable (I am not trying to control it ), and something wonderful. Every day I am learning so much, but it's not that much you get in return. And I suspect that that is beginning to wear you out, as it has done me and many others on several occasions.

Quote:
Since the topic has been discussed too much and it is getting off-topic, the forum moderator, please close the topic for me -- asked by the original author of the topic.

Will do.

Herko

Login

Who's Online

102 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 102

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits