Arowana
Re:PayPal module
  • 2004/12/5 21:52

• Arowana

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/8/6 2

THANKS BEERME!

I tried to hire a programmer to dev one for me but the cost was twice the amount this was. I have to say I edited a few lang files and then the login block but that was it.

PROS:
It works great! Simple to install. Great Support even their install is free!

Login works either amember OR XOOPS

MONEY BACK PROMISE FOR ONE YEAR!

HOW I DID IT:

Purcahsed amember and XOOPS plug in.
Installed amember as directed by install manual
Installed XOOPS plug in as directed by install manual

1. Go to Administration of the XOOPS Site, Prefs., User Info Settings & Setting Allow new user registration to No.

2. Go to Administration of the XOOPS Site, blocks, Login - Edit, Edit Template, then paste this in the template IF you have amember installed as www.domainName.com/amember.

<a href="<{$xoops_url}>/amember/member.php"><{$block.lang_login}></a>
<br /><br />
<a href="<{$xoops_url}>/user.php#lost"><{$block.lang_lostpass}></a>
<br /><br />
<a href="<{$xoops_url}>/amember/signup.php"><{$block.lang_registernow}></a>

Click Submit

Once you do this to login to your admin account for now on you must go directly tohttp://www.domainname.com/user.php/ OR click on the lost password link to take you there.

Now you need to edit the block lang file located Root\language\english\user.php
Find:
define('_US_NOTREGISTERED','Not registered? Click <a href=register.php>here</a>.');

Change to:
define('_US_NOTREGISTERED','Not Subscribed? Click <a href=/amember/signup.php>here</a>.');

Used News as my main module in home page where I placed a notice to tell users this is a subscrption site.

Took me about an hour but it is working and working well.

If you plan on using amember make sure you have something lined up to make your money back right away as to most 180 bucks is a bit much to be out of. As for us we this module has already paid for itself.

beerMe
  • 2004/12/5 23:27

• beerMe

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/9/13

Quote:

Arowana wrote:
THANKS BEERME!

You're welcome, Arowana! Nice work hacking the code. I have also purchased the aMember software with the XOOPS plugin, and have done a similar thing with my site, www.beerloverseverywhere.com. My site is not nearly ready to launch yet, though. I have to hack the aMember code some more to get it to work the way I want it to. Also will have to modify their email templates and get their pages to use my CSS. My site is not a subscription site, but people will be able to pay a membership fee in order to get special members-only discounts on food, beer, and some other stuff.

Anyhow, good luck with your site. Glad I could be useful for once.

geoaps
Re: PayPal module
  • 2004/12/12 14:44

• geoaps

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/12

Hi,

I was just wondering if the xDonations v1.9 BETA 1 is actually avaliable for download? I couldnd find a file anywhere.

Thanks!!

James :)

normal1
  • 2004/12/12 19:25

• normal1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/8

So for those of us who just searched for "Paypal" on the forum. I know (read about 8 pages of the thread) there was someone working on a module that would work through paypal, was this ever developed? published? Anything?

Whats the bottom line on this?

Thanks!

intel352
  • 2004/12/12 21:21

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1060&release_id=236#selected << xDonations v1.9 is available there.

ignore v1.4, it's quite buggy compared to 1.9.

twitaman
  • 2005/2/8 18:25

• twitaman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/7/28

Arowana, thanks for this explanation. I just had aMember installed on my site and I'm trying to link it up with XOOPS by editing the login. I'm trying to edit the login following your instructions but I cannot get it to work. When I go to the block and click "edit template" I edit the lines as you say (I have to actually add the first bit of code for member.php) but there is no "submit" button. I can only click "view." Was there a change with XOOPS 2.0.9.2 which is what I'm using?

Quote:

Arowana wrote:
THANKS BEERME!

I tried to hire a programmer to dev one for me but the cost was twice the amount this was. I have to say I edited a few lang files and then the login block but that was it.

PROS:
It works great! Simple to install. Great Support even their install is free!

Login works either amember OR XOOPS

MONEY BACK PROMISE FOR ONE YEAR!

HOW I DID IT:

Purcahsed amember and XOOPS plug in.
Installed amember as directed by install manual
Installed XOOPS plug in as directed by install manual

1. Go to Administration of the XOOPS Site, Prefs., User Info Settings & Setting Allow new user registration to No.

2. Go to Administration of the XOOPS Site, blocks, Login - Edit, Edit Template, then paste this in the template IF you have amember installed as www.domainName.com/amember.

<a href="<{$xoops_url}>/amember/member.php"><{$block.lang_login}></a>
<br /><br />
<a href="<{$xoops_url}>/user.php#lost"><{$block.lang_lostpass}></a>
<br /><br />
<a href="<{$xoops_url}>/amember/signup.php"><{$block.lang_registernow}></a>

Click Submit

Once you do this to login to your admin account for now on you must go directly tohttp://www.domainname.com/user.php/ OR click on the lost password link to take you there.

Now you need to edit the block lang file located Root\language\english\user.php
Find:
define('_US_NOTREGISTERED','Not registered? Click <a href=register.php>here</a>.');

Change to:
define('_US_NOTREGISTERED','Not Subscribed? Click <a href=/amember/signup.php>here</a>.');

Used News as my main module in home page where I placed a notice to tell users this is a subscrption site.

Took me about an hour but it is working and working well.

If you plan on using amember make sure you have something lined up to make your money back right away as to most 180 bucks is a bit much to be out of. As for us we this module has already paid for itself.

WarDick
  • 2005/2/8 19:26

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

Hi Twitaman,

No change. You can not edit the default template set. You must first clone the default template set. Then set the new clone as the template to use in preferences. Then when editing the template as you did before a submit button will magically appear.

Good Luck,

twitaman
  • 2005/2/8 19:44

• twitaman

• Friend of XOOPS

Thanks! I cloned the module and set the clone as my default but when I clicked submit I saw this error flash up:

Quote:

Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: html_table: missing 'loop' parameter in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1084
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: html_table: missing 'loop' parameter in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1084

What does that mean? Should I be concerned?

Quote:

WarDick wrote:
Hi Twitaman,

No change. You can not edit the default template set. You must first clone the default template set. Then set the new clone as the template to use in preferences. Then when editing the template as you did before a submit button will magically appear.

Good Luck,

WarDick
  • 2005/2/8 19:47

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

If it works like you want all is ok. Just turn off the debug mode. Else yes there are more issues.

twitaman
  • 2005/2/8 20:23

• twitaman

• Friend of XOOPS

Thanks a lot! This works like a charm so far.

Quote:

WarDick wrote:
If it works like you want all is ok. Just turn off the debug mode. Else yes there are more issues.

Login

Who's Online

206 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 206

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits