wishcraft
Xortify 3.10 (Production Release) Antimalformer for XOOPS!! Prevents Exploits others don't

Xortify 3.10 - Production Release

What is it?
Honeypot and Systematic Banning system that works standalone or in conjunction with protector, uses Stop form spam and Project Honeypot as well as having it own maintain ban list on xortify.com as a clouded system.

In response to the auto garbage machine in xoops not seeming to fire we have added some extra layers to the cache remover so your harddrives don't fill up with cache files as per Issue 4 raised by Sadisktico. This has now been fixed completely, so there is no excessive caching of your hard drive, xortify will clean as it goes!

Xoritfy 3.10 has some added dynamic in Antispam, Antihacking, Human rights violations and other bans. Works in conjunction with Xortify.com and Protector also holding a XOOPS and soon Drupal platform of bans.

Authors Comments!

This is hopefully the final bug fixes with some support for better performance! I can highly recommend you upgrade to this version as the ninja after the cache files needed some more work!!!! I would like to thank work Lunchalot Club for giving me some time over the weekend to double check this code for their system.

Infact I found Xortify so good you can remove captcha of your site as it will not allow any abuse of the system. I am going to hopefully at somepoint getting a copy of a spam database so I am thinking about also making a call to check content for being spam, not just emails.. But this is in the future, I have wanted to get this from Beta -> stable -> final cut -> production ready for awhile I just haven't had much time cause I find the responses I get the people that use xortify and especially on big sites swear by it.

It would be nice if other module developed looked to see if the module was installed and offer options on forums and so on for end moderators and system admins to ban people on the cloud for upto 3 months, we have special calls to other honeypots we organised so they get banned across the web for abuse!! Anyway just a thought!

Viva XOOPS!!

Download Today: xoops2.5_xortify_3.10.zip - 236Kb

Changelog.txt
[size=x-small]========================================
2012/09/10 03:40:00 Version 3.10 -PROD-
========================================
- Changed /include/update.php - added instance key checking and updating (Wishcraft)
- Changed /include/install.php - added instance key checking and writing (Wishcraft)
- Changed /language/english/modinfo.php - added preference and instance key language & file (Wishcraft)
- Changed /language/english/admin.php - changes to dashboard language file (Wishcraft)
- Changed /admin/index.php - changes to dashboard added instance key information (Wishcraft)
- Changed /include/functions.php - function unlinkOldCachefiles() fixed filename issue *Bug 04* (Wishcraft)
- Changed /preloads/core.php - loading of /include/instance.php intanciated (Wishcraft)
- Changed /preloads/provider.php - function init() modified, loading of instance.php instanciated (Wishcraft)
- Changed /xoops_version.php - new google analytics preference added, image locations changed! (Wishcraft)
- Changed **GLOBAL** renamed $GLOBALS['xortify to $_SESSION['xortify'][' - removed use of globals!! performance!! (Wishcraft)
- Added /include/instance.php - Instance Key Define File (Wishcraft)
- Added /template/xortify_instance_key.php.txt - Instance Key Template for PHP File (Wishcraft)
- Added /include/post.footer.end.php - reinstated footer end file loader (was missing) (Wishcraft)
- Added /include/functions.php - function writeInstanceKey() added to unify local client! (Wishcraft)
- Moved /Frameworks/moduleclasses/icons to /xortify/images move of the internal images (Wishcraft)
[/size]

Anonymous
Re: Xortify 3.10 (Production Release) Antimalformer for XOOPS!! Prevents Exploits others don't
  • 2012/9/9 19:05

• Anonymous

• Since:

Great to see Xortify is developed further Simon. I installed it but now have two problems. When choosing Ban list or Sign-up I get empty pages, except for the page logo's being shown.

I see there is a new option "Enable Collection of google analytics data for xortify.com?" What exactly is collected and for what purpose? In general I don't like others collecting data without knowing why they do it and for what reason...

Mamba
Re: Xortify 3.10 (Production Release) Antimalformer for XOOPS!! Prevents Exploits others don't
  • 2012/9/9 21:03

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
When choosing Ban list or Sign-up I get empty pages, except for the page logo's being shown.

Simon, this remains a concern. There was no Beta and no RC to test the module, but out of the blue there is a "Production Release", and when people test it, there are issues.

Since this is not the first time, please do a regular development cycle with Beta/RC, and when you don't hear about any bugs or issues, then release a Final or "Production Release". I think, it will be a Win-Win situation for both you and the users.

We all appreciate your contribution, but improved quality process will go a long way for everybody
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Anonymous
  • 2012/9/14 15:45

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
When choosing Ban list or Sign-up I get empty pages, except for the page logo's being shown.

A miracle has happened, the errors reported before are gone. Both pages load smoothly now. I don't know what caused the problem, as I did not change any Xortify or other settings....

wishcraft

Heheh yeah sorry flipse i have been concentrating on lunchalot.com lately.. Umm, yeah it was a problem with one of my classes on xortify.com nothing to do with the client.

Thanks for bring it up tho.

Simon

Login

Who's Online

220 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 220

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits