Anonymous
What is the best module to use as an example for development?
  • 2012/7/31 8:21

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hi all,

I want to start developing a new module but have a few questions.
- Is the use of tdmcreate a good idea?
- which module can be used as an example. And I mean the design of the module, method of programming, design of the admin side, etc?
- other things that I need to know?
- Is there a module template that I can use and complies with 2.5.5?
- Is there a standard script which can data from a csv file import into the xoopsdatabase?

Thanks!

Anonymous
Re: What is the best module to use as an example for development?
  • 2012/7/31 21:21

• Anonymous

• Since:

no suggestions?

Mamba
  • 2012/7/31 22:08

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
- Is the use of tdmcreate a good idea?

I think, it gives you a good start, but you can also take an existing module and modify it

Quote:
- which module can be used as an example. And I mean the design of the module, method of programming, design of the admin side, etc?

Trabis has a very good and tight way of programming, so you can take a look at some of his modules. The recent updates from LordVenom (TDMPicture and TDMStats) might be worth looking into it. There are also some interesting ideas in Wishcrafts' modules.

Obviously, we need a "reference" module, showing the "best way" of utilizing our XOOPS API. If anybody feels that a specific module comes very close to it, please share your view with us.

I hope, that we'll have the "reference module" for XOOPS 2.6.0, where the focus will be on utilizing our API to the fullest.

Quote:
- other things that I need to know?

Just make sure that you do a good separation of the "presentation layer", i.e. the HTML/CSS code should be in templates, and not in the PHP files.
You can take a look at XOOPS 2.6.0 and the work that Mage is doing there with the system modules/extensions - he is trying to clean it up over there.

Quote:
- Is there a standard script which can data from a csv file import into the xoopsdatabase?

See this thread
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Anonymous
  • 2012/8/1 8:58

• Anonymous

• Since:

Mamba, thanks for your answers. It's a good refer for my to start with

Login

Who's Online

190 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 190

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits