ryuaka
Date/Time don't work in any XOOPS module
  • 2012/2/23 6:35

• ryuaka

• Just popping in

• Since: 2011/9/24

Hi everybody. Recently Im working on a new web site and I found that any module that use "date/time" dont work.

For example: In the module News, when I writing a new articule, in the part of "date/time of publish" the calendar dont display, and when I try to put a date manually, with "date/time expiration" together, it return the date to "1/1/1970" everytime.

This problem happens with all the modules that use date and time, like "xnews", "news", "AP Calendar" and all like that kind.

Anyone knows what can I do to solve the problem? Thanks to all.

Mamba
Re: Date/Time don't work in any XOOPS module
  • 2012/2/23 7:29

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Could you please test these modules on the XOOPS 2.5.5 Beta to see if they work there?

Thanks!
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Yurdal
  • 2012/2/23 9:30

• Yurdal

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/3/27

@ryuaka what is the xoops version you are using ?

with 2.5.4 and 2.5.5 no problems here

Peekay
  • 2012/2/23 10:31

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

I am using a slightly customised version of News 1.54 with PHP 5.3 and MySQL 5.

Using Xoops 2.5.1a the field entry mask is American format, e.g. 2012-02-23. but with global.php adjusted for UK format the date displays correctly on the user side, e.g. 23/02/2012. The Javascript calendar works fine.

In Xoops 2.5.3 however, although the field entry dates work, the Javascript calendar defaults to July 1936, so something changed after 2.5.1a.

I don't have a site running 2.5.4 so cannot report on that.

There have never been any complaints about date and time functionality in Xoops before AFAIK, so I would be interested to know what has changed and why?. I can see a date item listed in the changelog for the 2.5.5 beta, so does that mean everything should work again now?
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

redheadedrod

Quote:

Peekay wrote:

There have never been any complaints about date and time functionality in Xoops before AFAIK, so I would be interested to know what has changed and why?. I can see a date item listed in the changelog for the 2.5.5 beta, so does that mean everything should work again now?

If you read the thread on 2.5.5 this is briefly discussed.

In short the answer is yes. I believe it was changed to try and support dates for different areas but this was not working so it was changed back.

You can expect this to change for 2.6 however. I believe I saw Formus mention that in 2.6 you will be able to localize the date in xoops so that the modules work with the date dependent on the setting within xoops. Since some modules access the date directly , those modules will likely not be affected.

Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

Peekay
  • 2012/2/23 15:31

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

Thx redheadedrod

I am pleased to report that having upgraded to the 2.5.5 beta, the Javascript calendar problem is solved (for me anyway).

ryuaka
  • 2012/2/23 15:58

• ryuaka

• Just popping in

Hi again. Answering Yurdal, Im usign XOOPS 2.5.4 with the same specs of Peekay (PHP 5.3.1 and MySQL 5.1.41 I think). So I think it most be no problem, but it happens. I try to search the problem in debug mode, but never see anything or even with firebug for firefox.

Thanks for answer mamba, I will test the new beta of XOOPS and see if the problem is solved with the new release.

Greets

Mamba
  • 2012/2/23 16:00

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
I am pleased to report that having upgraded to the 2.5.5 beta, the Javascript calendar problem is solved (for me anyway).

Excellent! I am happy to hear it!
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

ryuaka
  • 2012/2/23 16:36

• ryuaka

• Just popping in

Im agree with Peekay, the problem is solved in XOOPS 2.5.5, Im still testing all the modules I have, that use date/time system, and theres no problem, works fine in this version.

Modules that Im testting with this new beta versiona are:

News 1.66
xNews 1.71
FmContent 1.1
Publisher 1.0
ApCal 2.03

All this modules works fine for the moment. The calendar system works fine and do what it should be. In debug mode none of this modules show any error. Ill keep continue testing other modules that I need like Defacer and Liaise as well.

Greetings.

Peekay
  • 2012/2/23 17:14

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

Sorry Mamba, I lied.

Now I have the right year and month in the calendar, but February has 40 days!

This does however give me longer to pay off my car loan.

Login

Who's Online

171 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 171

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits