vmax2extreme
XOOPS streamlined for mobile users?

Is there a way to streamline xoops to run better for mobile users? We current have a site up and want to make the mobile users more able to use the site to obtain its resources. Please let me know if there is a way to do so? Here is the site: www.vmoa.net

Thanks in advance,

Mike

redheadedrod
Re: XOOPS streamlined for mobile users?

You most likely will be looking to modify your theme.

There really hasn't been anything other than a theme like the 960 theme that i know of that works decent with mobile phones. The 960 theme is supposed to give a little different look depending on the type of screen you are using. But I haven't heard anything about that in a while.

You could make your site have a simplified theme for mobile users. You could look at what browser the user is using and set the theme accordingly. I am sure someone that is a theme builder can have a better suggestion for you.

Rodney
Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

Mamba
  • 2012/1/25 8:56

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

He could google for "xoops mobile":

xoBile (download from here)

WURLF

XoopsMobile Class

960 Theme with MobileSupport
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

vmax2extreme

I have seen the WURLF on here and trying to figure out how to load up that module to test. The notes say it does what we are trying to do by recognizing mobile users and presenting a streamlined view for the users.

vmax2extreme

I have tried to download the WURFL from here and the developers site. The main file downloads are empty while the mirror site is zipped with the wrong module if you look at it. Its actually xpayment module, not WURFL if you open up the readme files.

Mamba
  • 2012/1/27 11:55

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

In this case try to download the WURLF directly from SourceForge

I hope, Simon reads this thread, and will fix his downloads.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Peekay
  • 2012/1/27 13:58

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

AFAIK, the WURFL module installs a local copy of the WURFL mobile device database. It can be used to switch themes based on mobile browser capabilities such as screen size etc., but you have to integrate it into your site.

From what I remember of the demo (apparently no longer available) Xobile simply generates mobile-optimised display of content from Xoops modules. Plugins were available for some popular modules such as News. Not sure what version can still be downloaded, but the 1.22 RTT version also interrogates the remote WURFL database.

BTW thats W U R F L

W U R L F is the noise a dog makes when it's sick
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

vmax2extreme

Hey Mamba,

I tried that sourceforge download and it seems to be the same data. If you look at the readme.txt, it states its for Xpayment module. I dont want to install this on my site if its the wrong package. Need the files validated since it could just be an error on the developers side by placing the wrong readme.txt in the package.

wishcraft
WURFL 2.01 Use to streamline XOOPS for mobile users?

Hey Steve,

You can use the WURFL module for mobile themes to be loaded for users, it is on the SVN or downloadable from my site, you will have to add andriod, iOS Apple devices and Some nokia phones to the user agents, but it has a theme switcher for mobile content which will allow you to display a mobile theme like www.epicentre.tv or www.istreamtv.co.nz does.

The download links I have refreshed the ZIP file on them and they are:

Download: xoops2.5_wurfl_2.02.zip - 1175Kb
Sourceforge Mirror: xoops2.5_wurfl_2.02.zip - 1175Kb
Demo:http://xoops.demo.chronolabs.coop

Watch this video to understand more about WURFL 2.xx Series!

Thanks

Simon
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

vmax2extreme

Hi Simon,

Thanks, but your readme.txt file still reflects xpayment module. I think you need to update that file to reflect WURFL.

Thanks,

Mike

Login

Who's Online

295 user(s) are online (181 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 295

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits