sadistiko
Blank pages with croatian translation
  • 2011/10/13 19:28

• sadistiko

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/12/13

As I now working on new translation for 2.5.3 with xTRANSAM, and have some problems with that module, I succed to make translation for core with it (Automaticlly) and I have this strange problem as I had before with my old translations I made with other program.
As I was sure there must be some error in my syntax in translatated files, now I see there is some other problem.
I made translations with xTRANSAM only and when I try to logout (in croatian) I got blank page. Also, when I try with croatian (hrvatski) language open registration page I also got blank page.
I'm not sure if this is bug with Xoops core because I can't translate all files via xTRANSAM.
But everithing work fine when I switch back to english again.
Is there some similar problems with other translation?
Croatian Xoops support site:
www.xoopshr.org
Lowcost linux hosting:
www.adpgroup.hr

Burning
Re: Blank pages with croatian translation
  • 2011/10/13 22:40

• Burning

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/8/22

hi'

Have you tried to active Debug mode before to login ?
Still learning CSS and... english

sadistiko
  • 2011/10/13 23:50

• sadistiko

• Friend of XOOPS

When I tried to logout I get this error:
Parse errorsyntax errorunexpected T_STRING in /home/adpgroup/public_html/xoops/language/hrvatski/user.php on line 8

And yes there is really error:

define("_US_NOTREGISTERED""Niste registrirani? Kliknite <a href="); define("_US_LOSTPASSWORD""Izgubili ste lozinku?");

English version is:

define('_US_NOTREGISTERED''Not registered?  Click <a href="register.php">here</a>.');
define('_US_LOSTPASSWORD''Lost your Password?');

I fixed this to:

define("_US_NOTREGISTERED""Niste registrirani? Kliknite <a href="register.php">ovdje</a>.");
define("_US_LOSTPASSWORD""Izgubili ste lozinku?");

but still get error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/adpgroup/public_html/xoops/language/hrvatski/user.php on line 7

Only diference from english and xTRANSAM translation is that english version use ' and xtransam ", so there is maybe coallision with " from a href in that string. But this is then bug in xTRANSAM nothing else.

Yep, and after I manually changed " to ' and now is:

define('_US_NOTREGISTERED''Niste registrirani? Kliknite <a href="register.php">ovdje</a>.');
define("_US_LOSTPASSWORD""Izgubili ste lozinku?");

Now it works.
So question is why xTRANSAM actually change ' to " and who can fix this module?

I don't need to say now that every a href in strings now doesn't work and proccess error of same kind.
So, if you will fix xtransam module (which is quite good tool for translation) or you stop promote this module as translation tool. I hope you will fix it
www.xoopshr.org
Lowcost linux hosting:
www.adpgroup.hr

Burning
  • 2011/10/14 0:46

• Burning

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/8/22

hi'

Happy to see you have found a bug, no xTransam developer is aware

Personally, when I translated a module, I plugged a second monitor. It is very fast and reliable enough
Still learning CSS and... english

sadistiko
  • 2011/10/14 1:36

• sadistiko

• Friend of XOOPS

Well, before 2.5.1 I used Beyond compare. It is really good for compare and translation. But i found problem with captcha and wrote about it here. Never found where I made syntax error so I decided, after Mamba recommend me xTRANSAM, to try some "better" tools for translation. I was hoping it will produce 100% error free syntax, but I was wrong. First it has bugs because it rely to Google API witch made some changes to how it works, so xTRANSAM is almost useless, and beside this it made errors I found today. So, it looks I will go back to Beyond compare and do it manualy as I did before.
www.xoopshr.org
Lowcost linux hosting:
www.adpgroup.hr

Login

Who's Online

184 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 184

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits