redheadedrod
Pulling information from other modules.

I am curious what is the best way to pull information from other modules?

I am still getting my feet wet but from all the OOP reading I am doing it sounds like if the providing module puts most things into classes then it is a relatively simple matter to add the functionality to the asking module by just including the classes in the module.

Then as long as the calling protocol for the classes stays the same the asking module really shouldn't care what the providing module changes as updates are made.

Am I on the right track here?

With php5 there is a very strong object structure, much stronger than php4.

Biggest reason I am asking this is because I am looking at making some major changes to some popular modules and in the process I want to make them much more connected than they are now for a project I am working on.

I would much rather add content to a second module by including a few classes and a few lines of code than having to rewrite the original module.

There was a thread a long time ago about including hooks but I don't know if these ever happened other than the preloads?

That thread is...
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?start=0&topic_id=67958&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&type=&mode=0

Seems like OOP is designed for doing this sort of thing and I am just curious if I am going in the right direction?

Thanks!

Rodney

Login

Who's Online

177 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 177

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits