JMorris
Stick a fork in me, I'm done
  • 2007/6/28 21:42

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Effective immediately, I am stepping down from all XOOPS Project positions.

D.J. is now your sole leader.

My only involvement with XOOPS will be confined to XOOPSinfo.

Good Luck!
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

giba
Re: Stick a fork in me, I'm done
  • 2007/6/28 21:47

• giba

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/26

Thanks Jmorris for all works.

davidl2
Re: Stick a fork in me, I
  • 2007/6/28 22:39

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Can't blame you James.

See you on Xi

Mamba
  • 2007/6/29 4:28

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Not a good move, James! This is really regrettable!!!

I sense frustration, but I wish you would stick around to make sure that XOOPS succeeds....
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

JMorris
  • 2007/6/29 17:16

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Mamba,

What is regrettable is that I didn't runs screaming away from XOOPS a long time ago. The writing has been on the wall. I was just too blind with optimism to see it.

Quote:
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
--Reinhold Niebuhr

I am accepting what I cannot change and changing what I can.

Good Luck!
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

BlueStocking

Deleted by me.
No more flaming wars.
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

Marco
  • 2007/6/30 9:14

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

Quote:
but I wish you would stick around to make sure that XOOPS succeeds....

well, he will be back for sure soon.
That's sometime usefull to take a break, looking for fresh air, and time to analyse past for improving the future.
Do synergy or die.

hervet
  • 2007/6/30 9:28

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

I'd like to quote what you wrote in the past :
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=58356&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&start=10#forumpost258429

Quote:

jmorris wrote:
Nobody is irreplaceable. This is Open Source, in spite of what some may think. Members, Developers, Moderators... They all come and go. Those that go are eventually replaced by someone with equal or greater skill and life goes on.

I've watched this for many years here. Even before I registered. I remember when this project was still in the 1.x branch.

Many have come, many have gone, and most of those who have gone have been replaced. All the while, this project has grown and continued to improve.

Marco
  • 2007/6/30 9:59

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

Well, he's not so far from here, i don't know if he retires from the foundation either...
i really hope this community will start one day to evolve as an opensource community (and not as a title self-promotion area). It's time to grow up !

marco

NB : I really hope too to see the foundation report one day.
Do synergy or die.

giba
  • 2007/6/30 10:57

• giba

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/26

Off-topic -
[pt-br]

- Comédia CORPORATIVA por (MAX GEHRINGER)

Quem só apóia e deixa os subordinados brilhar é que faz a diferen?a na maioria dos casos, e por isso é quem sobe na empresa.
Durante minha vida profissional, eu topei com algumas figuras cujo sucesso surpreende muita gente. Figuras sem um vistoso currículo acadêmico, sem um grande diferencial técnico, sem muito networking ou marketing pessoal. Figuras como o Raul.
Eu conhe?o o Raul desde os tempos da faculdade. Na época, nós tínhamos um colega de classe, o Pena, que era um gênio. Na hora de fazer um trabalho em grupo, todos nós queríamos cair no grupo do Pena, porque o Pena fazia tudo sozinho. Ele escolhia o tema, pesquisava os livros, redigia muito bem e ainda desenhava a capa do trabalho - com tinta nanquim.
Já o Raul nem dava palpite. Ficava ali num canto, dizendo que seu papel no grupo era um só, apoiar o Pena. Qualquer coisa que o Pena precisasse, o Raul já estava providenciando, antes que o Pena concluísse a frase.
Deu no que deu. O Pena se formou em primeiro lugar na nossa turma.
E o resto de nós passou meio na carona do Pena - que, além de nos dar uma colher de chá nos trabalhos, ainda permitia que a gente colasse dele nas provas. No dia da formatura, o diretor da escola chamou o Pena de "paradigma do estudante que enobrece esta institui??o de ensino". E o Raul ali, na terceira filha, só aplaudindo.
Dez anos depois, o Pena era a estrela da área de planejamento de uma multinacional. Brilhante como sempre, ele fazia admiráveis proje??es estratégicas de cinco e dez anos. E quem era o chefe do Pena ? O Raul.

E como é que o Raul tinha conseguido chegar àquela posi??o ?

Ninguém na empresa sabia explicar direito.
O Raul vivia repetindo que tinha subordinados melhores do que ele, e ninguém ali parecia discordar de tal afirma??o. Além disso, o Raul continuava a fazer o que fazia na escola, ele apoiava. Alguém tinha um problema ?
Era só falar com o Raul que o Raul dava um jeito.
Meu último contato com o Raul foi há um ano. Ele havia sido transferido para Miami, onde fica a sede da empresa. Quando conversou comigo ,o Raul disse que havia ficado surpreso com o convite. Porque, ali na matriz, o mais burrinho já tinha sido astronauta. E eu perguntei ao Raul qual era a fun??o dele. Pergunta inócua, porque eu já sabia a resposta.
O Raul apoiava. Direcionava daqui, facilitava dali, essas coisas que, na teoria, ninguém precisaria mandar um brasileiro até Miami para fazer.
Foi quando, num evento em S?o Paulo, eu conheci o vice-presidente de recursos humanos da empresa do Raul. E ele me contou que o Raul tinha uma habilidade de valor inestimável: ele entendia de gente.
Entendia tanto que n?o se preocupava em ficar na sombra dos próprios subordinados, para fazer com que eles se sentissem melhor, e fossem mais produtivos.
E, para me explicar o Raul, o vice-presidente citou Samuel Butler,que eu n?o sei ao certo quem foi, mas que tem uma frase ótima. "Qualquer tolo pode pintar um quadro. Mas só um gênio consegue vendê-lo", costumava dizer Butler. Essa era a habilidade aparentemente simples que o Raul tinha, de facilitar as rela??es entre as pessoas. Perto do Raul, todo comprador normal se sentia um expert, e todo pintor comum, um gênio.

Recebido por e-mail, simplesmente o máximo

[en]
- CORPORATIVE Comedy for (MAX GEHRINGER)

Who only apóia and leaves the subordinate to shine is that it makes the difference in the majority of the cases, and therefore is who goes up in the company.
During my professional life, I topei with some figures whose success surprises much people.
Figures without a showy academic resume, a great differential technician, very networking or personal marketing. Figures as Raul.
I know Raul since the times of the college. At the time, we had a classmate, the Penalty, that was a genius.
In the hour to make a work in group, all we wanted to fall in the group of the Penalty, because the Penalty made everything alone.
It chose the subject, searched books, wrote very well and still nanquim drew the layer of the work - with ink. Already Raul nor gave palpite.
He was there in one I sing, saying that its paper in the group was one only, to support the Penalty.
Any thing that the Penalty needed, Raul already was providing, before the Penalty concluded the phrase.
It gave in what it gave.
The Penalty if formed in first place in our group.
And the remaining portion of us passed half in the hitchhiking of the Penalty
- that, beyond in giving a spoon to them of tea in the works, still it allowed that people glue of it in the tests.
In the day of the formation, the director of the school called the Penalty “paradigm of the student who enobrece this institution of education”.
And Raul there, in the third son, only applauding.
Ten years later, the Penalty was the star of the area of planning of a multinational.
Brilliant as always, it made admirable strategical projections of five and ten years.
And who age the head of the Penalty? Raul.
And as is that Raul had obtained to arrive at that position? Nobody in the company wise person to explain right.
Raul lived repeating that he had subordinated better of what it, and nobody seemed there to disagree with such affirmation.
Moreover, Raul continued to make what he made in the school, it supported. Somebody had a problem?
It was alone to speak with Raul who Raul gave a skill.
My last contact with Raul has one year.
It had been transferred to Miami, where it is the headquarters of the company.
When he talked with me, Raul said that he had been surpreso with the invitation.
Because, there in the matrix, more burrinho already had been astronaut.
And I asked to Raul which age the function of it.
Question inócua, because I already wise person the reply.
Raul supported.
He directed daqui, he facilitated from there, these things that, in the theory, nobody would need to order a Brazilian until Miami to make.
He was when, in an event in S?o Paulo, I knew the vice-president of human resources of the company of Raul.
And it counted to me that Raul had an ability of inestimable value: it understood of people.
He understood as much that if did not worry in being in the shade of proper the subordinate, to make with that they felt themselves better, and were more productive.
And, to explain Raul to me, the vice-president cited Samuel Butler, who I do not know to certain who I was, but that he has an excellent phrase. “Any fool can paint a picture.
But a genius only obtains to vender it”, costumava to say Butler.
This age the pparently simple ability that Raul had, to facilitate the relations between the people.
Close to Raul, buying all normal if expert felt one, and all common painter, a genius.

Received for email, simply the maximum

Login

Who's Online

195 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 195

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits